BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are searching for a self-motivated Senior Research Associate with 6-8 years of hands-on laboratory experience.
The successful candidate will work in the non-oncology hematology group to develop and use molecular and biochemical assays to measure pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, immunogenicity, and biomarkers of new therapeutics. The Senior Research Associate will contribute to 2-3 different pre-clinical research projects to assess pharmacokinetics efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Receive, organize, and process animal tissue samples such as the preparation of protein extracts and DNA/RNA extraction
- Utilize molecular biology techniques including qPCR and ddPCR
- Optimize, troubleshoot, and perform biochemical assays such as ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot
- Perform data analysis and present results in group and project team meetings
- Thoroughly document procedures and results
- Assist with lab organization as needed
- Experience in DNA/RNA purification preferably from animal tissues
- Perform analytical assays such as PCR, ELISA and Western Blot
- Ability to follow protocols, design and perform experiments, propose data interpretation
- Willingness to learn new molecular and biochemical procedures
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting
- Committed to overcome challenges and ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent written and verbal communication to occasionally present at group and team meetings
- Proficient in basic IT skills including the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related scientific field and at least 6-8 years of relevant experience OR Master's degree with at least 4-6 years of relevant experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.