Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by leading daily manufacturing operations, including equipment/component preparation, formulation and aseptic filling. The Supervisor, Manufacturing drives the performance and engagement of manufacturing associates who operate autoclaves, dehydrogenation ovens, aseptic filling machines and other equipment for manufacturing operations. This leader is accountable for performing duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and driving the performance management, training and development and continuous improvement of the team. In addition to overseeing manufacturing personnel, this hands-on leader should have functional capability to perform the essential functions and activities alongside the manufacturing associates. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Emergent core competencies as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Observation of daily production activities performed by operators in real time.
- Responsible for reviewing all production related documents.
- Assist in writing change controls and Engineering study protocols.
- Responsible for coaching and training Manufacturing department personnel in SOP’s, cGMP’s, aseptic gowning and aseptic technique.
- Responsible for identifying real time quality issues and to solve such issues that could affect production.
- Leads internal investigations and works cross-functionally with other departments toward solutions.
- Troubleshoots technical issues within the department.
- Develops internal working relationships across functional departments.
- Maintains personnel schedule and time off request to ensure uninterrupted operations of the department.
- Monitors personnel progress within the department.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports and updates to management.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development, coaching/mentoring, engagement, retention and performance management of a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the site.
Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- BS/BA in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline preferred or
- High School Diploma and at least 6-8 years’ experience in a GMP facility with emphasis on drug substance and/or drug product experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical, organized, self-motivated, and good at multi-tasking.
- Previous experience working with aseptic technique and good documentation practices is required.
- Must be able to follow cGMP regulations during operations including adherence to written procedure and contemporaneous documentation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management and staff.
- Must be able to record data accurately and legibly.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and have manual dexterity.
- Ability to perform in a team setting in a controlled environment for long periods of time.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.