Overland Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Research Assistant/Lab Manager to join its research team. The successful candidate will play an important role in cultivating an enjoyable working environment and in developing cutting-edge, life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals will offer boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support day-to-day lab operations to ensure that all aspects of the R&D lab work efficiently.
- Order and maintain proper stocking of common lab supplies. Work collaboratively with scientists and support the R&D team with hands on experimental help.
- Oversee lab organization, lab storage, space allocation and waste management.
- Ensure lab safety, EH&S and any other required Federal and local regulatory compliance.
- Demo/onboard new instrument, track and ensure proper preventative service and troubleshooting.
- Operate and maintain key lab equipment such as flow cytometry and cell sorter.
- Coordinate lab staff onboarding and offboarding.
- Write SOP, maintain accurate, organized, detailed lab and operation records.
- Organize group activities to build a supporting and caring company culture.
- B.S. / M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology or related field.
- 0-5 years of relevant R&D experience. Title commensurate with skills and experience.
- A strong background in cell biology techniques including BSL2 aseptic cell culture is preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience with human immune cells culture and flow cytometry is desirable.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to evolving priorities.
- Demonstrated drive, curiosity, scientific rigor, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about your work, self-motivated with the ability to take ownership and deliver results.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in writing and communicating in English. Able to present data effectively.