Medicago: A history of innovation and perseverance
We started our journey with one objective: to help protect human life and today, we are a global leader in developing and producing plant-based vaccines and therapeutics.
The Facility Technician III will provide HVAC equipment maintenance and operational support for facilities, manufacturing, and laboratory areas while ensuring compliance with FDA, GMP, GLP, and OSHA regulations and guidelines.
What your days would look like:
- Support the maintenance, repair, and parts replacement of all HVAC Equipment at the site for GMP and Non-GMP applications
- Assist facilities maintenance personnel and work directly with CMMS Planner, and assigned vendors, to perform HVAC exterior and interior PMs. All work based on manufacturing schedule as needed
- Follow SOPs and cGMP/GLP/OSHA guidelines while performing preventive maintenance and non-scheduled maintenance
- Document work performed in a compliant manner using logbooks and electronic work order systems, CMMS
- Support the Facilities, Engineering, and Industrial Process departments with operating, testing, and troubleshooting HVAC equipment issues and systems
- Work with Quality Assurance and the Industrial Process groups to ensure timely and professional communication between departments before Planned disruptions, during if required, and after task completion
- Coordinate with outside contractual support needed to complete specialized electrical, electronics, HVAC, plumbing, automation, and other repair services
- 2 to 4 Technical Degree in construction, automation, maintenance, or similar field
- 3 years experience in a GMP manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or military environment
- 5 years experience in a GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in an FDA-regulated manufacturing environment with cGMP/GLP knowledge is mandatory
- Preference for strong pharmaceutical HVAC equipment technical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to review and interpret engineering documents, drawings, and schematics
- Good working knowledge of and attention to industry-standard safety practices, including OSHA
- Excellent communication and writing skills with a team player mentality
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Building Management Systems
Medicago is changing the game!
Our Vision: Medicago envisions a world that is prepared to face any disease
Our Mission: To create and deliver effective responses to new global health challenges.
Our mission is driven by the values of innovation, integrity, collaboration, adaptability, and ownership. These values reflect the spirit and culture that inspire Medicago’s people.
As a pioneer in transient expression and plant-based manufacturing, Medicago has always sought a more effective way to improve human health. With nearly 20 years of experience and wisdom behind us, we are poised to revolutionize the traditional approach to vaccines and therapeutics.
Medicago is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team. We understand that the collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our future success as an organization. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, color, race, sex, gender identity and expression, place of origin, citizenship, disability, family status, marital status, age, language, veteran’s status, religion, sexual orientation, and beliefs.” Studies have shown that people who identify themselves as part of an underrepresented group are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job requirements.
We’re committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
It is important that you are legally entitled to work in the US or Canada at the time the job offer is made to you. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility.