Corcept is engaged in the discovery and development of drugs that treat severe endocrine, metabolic, oncologic and neurological disorders by modulating the effects of the hormone cortisol. Since 2012, we have marketed Korlym® for the treatment of patients suffering from Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening orphan disorder caused by excess cortisol activity.
In addition to our commercial product, Korlym, we have discovered a portfolio of more than 1,000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators. Lead compounds are in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials for the treatment of patients with Cushing’s syndrome, advanced ovarian cancer, castration-resistant prostate cancer, weight gain caused by antipsychotic medications and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (“NASH”). We are about to start a Phase 2 trial in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (“ALS”).
In 2021, we generated revenue of $366 million and net income of $112 million.
The Region Manager will manage a team of Clinical Specialists (CS) and provide consistent direction regarding the execution of sales and marketing strategies for the Western region.
- Formulate sales strategies and analyze performance within the region
- Fully engage with key customers by developing and implementing strategies that support sales growth
- Provide on-going coaching and development of CS team
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key executives and decision makers in all key accounts
- Participate in and contribute to commercial team planning sessions as requested, representing the needs of customers and the sales team and driving business building plans of the organization
- Act as local liaison and collaborator, building consensus on strategies and tactics that drive business results
- Operate within compliance guidelines at all times
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Proven success in leading a sales team within a large geography
- Experience in endocrinology, orphan disease, or other specialized markets a plus
- Strong clinical acumen
- Ability to analyze sales and other relevant market data to formulate strategic plans
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Required to travel by car and plane at least 80% of the time
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Must maintain a driving record in accordance with Corcept vehicle policy
- Master’s Degree in a life science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years project management experience in drug development in the pharmaceutical industry, including Phases 1-3, regulatory filings and product launch
- PMP or other Project Management Institute certification
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer