Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that is designing, developing and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to help scientists and clinical research resolve genetically complex problems. Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Genomics is core to all biological processes, and our advanced genomics tools provide scientists and clinical researchers the insights to better understand biology and health. We are now entering the century of biology and genomics is at the heart of the next revolution. Become part of the new paradigm in gene sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
The selected candidate will report into the PacBio Instrument Engineering team as an NPI Engineer to drive new product introduction of new DNA sequencing products from concept to production ramp.
- Drive NPI efforts from concept to production ramp including instrument hardware prototype builds in our Menlo Park, CA and San Diego, CA sites as well as transition products to inhouse Manufacturing, CMs (Contract Manufacturers) and suppliers across the globe in hybrid and fully outsourced models.
- Collaborate with all functional groups including Design Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Quality and Operations for a successful new product transfer.
- Work closely with NPI and manufacturing partners (OEM and CM) for product development and qualification activities to support smooth product launches, as well as technology roadmaps to support ongoing product innovation initiatives.
- Lead and support budgeting, feasibility studies and estimates, quotes for purchasing capital equipment and tooling for new programs or modifications to existing programs.
- Lead in house manufacturing, CM, and suppliers to execute successful ramp up and capacity planning.
- Establish a collaboration between the NPI / Manufacturing teams and the Contract Manufacturer in developing and implementing product transfer plans.
- Deliver NPI targets through product phase gates in the PLC process.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Related Field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with product introduction in the Medical Devices, Life Sciences lab equipment or Semiconductor capital equipment space.
- Working knowledge of inventory, capacity planning, material gathering, engineering and finance aspects of manufacturing and outsourcing of optical, electromechanical systems and PCBAs.
- Ability to adapt project plans, schedules throughout the project to respond to ever changing requirements.
- Ability to support multiple cross-functional project tracks (swim lanes) concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative team player, self-starter, analytically oriented, and able to identify/deliver results in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines.
- Office-365 Suite (Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, MS Project or similar).
- BS degree in a technical discipline, preferably mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, a strong team player, able to take initiative, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively as part of a management team. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, interacting with scientists and engineers from a variety of disciplines.
- Ability to travel up to 30% between manufacturing sites.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: