Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This role has the flexibility to function on a remote basis for those outside the region OR corporate Basking Ridge NJ site based.
The Associate Director, R&D Excellence (RDEx) Project Manager, is responsible for planning, structuring, and managing larger, complex initiatives that address business process engineering / reengineering or provide new or enhanced information technology capabilities in support of the Research & Development organizations operational and strategic goals. Leveraging a deep understanding of Pharmaceutical R&D processes and technologies, the AD RDEx Project Manager provides tactical leadership while working closely with other project leads, business leadership, IT leadership, external vendors, and business & technical subject matter experts to execute RDEx projects.Experience working on cross functional teams in a global setting is required, as well as demonstrated experience in facilitating high functioning teams. With significant project management experience, the RDEx AD Project Manager may be called upon to mentor less experienced project managers. The AD RDEx Project Manager has direct responsibility to ensure that assigned projects achieve their objectives and are executed on-time and within the budget established for the effort.
- Proactively manage and drive larger, complex process improvement and/or information management system projects
- Lead and facilitate business and IT leaders to develop and refine the Business Case, Project Plan, Project Charter, and Governance Proposals for each assigned project
- Collaborate with project leadership and project team members to identify and structure the work activities and deliverables required to successfully complete the project
- Manage the execution of the Project Plan to meet or exceed performance expectations and provide timely status reporting to all appropriate stakeholders throughout the effort
- Proactively identify all project related risks and issues and work with project leadership and project team members to develop and implement mitigation strategies with agreed actions, accountability, due dates and documentation, as needed
- Ensure Project Budget remains on-track, seeking optionality with various cost scenarios
- Manages team meetings including developing agendas and documenting decisions and action items. Follows through on assignments and ensures team members deliver on action items
- Provide timely and informative communications to all stakeholders in alignment with an established Communications Plan for the project
- Identify, elevate, and resolve any performance issues that are related to the internal or external professionals engaged in the project
- Oversee business and technical resources to ensure the analysis of business processes, identification of information needs, and development of the future state is successfully completed and documented
- Ensure the development of business process-related artifacts such as process models, activity diagrams and use cases are completed as required by the project
- Oversee technology and subject matter experts to ensure the establishment of the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Ensure the identification of gaps between system capabilities and business requirements; and oversee the mapping of capabilities to requirements to ensure that business needs are met
- Oversees all configuration and customization of the software tools required to meet the business needs and technical environment parameters
- Coordinate the development and execution of all required validation and technical testing
- Coordinate the translation of business and user requirements into test conditions and expected results for user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Ensure the development and management of data to be utilized for User Acceptance Test scenarios and test cases
- Collaborate with vendor technical professionals and internal information technology resources to ensure the successful implementation of required software into development, test, and production environments
- Assist with the development and execution of change management and training throughout the organization during the Implementation of system solutions
- Identifies and recommends PM best practices and determines the best methodology to achieve the project goal and objectives
- Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Management, or associated field required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or training in project management preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 7+ years of experience as an information management / information technology / process engineering Project Manager is required
- Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or Medical Device industry experience is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical research & development processes and technologies are required
- Strong people management and communication skills are required
- Systems Development Life Cycle (analysis through implementation) experience is required
- Experience working in a GxP validation environment is highly desirable
- Project experience with COTS and web application requirements, design, or development is highly desirable
- Awareness of business and enterprise architecture is desirable
- Project Management Institute certification is desirable
- Exposure to business process modeling, visualization, requirements documentation tools exposure is a plus
- Experience in Agile Project Management methodologies is preferred