VitroLabs, founded in 2016 and headquartered in Milpitas California, is a biotech company developing a scalable tissue engineering platform for the efficient and environmentally friendly production of leather from only a few cells. Combining advanced tissue engineering processes with proprietary advances to achieve commercial scale, VitroLabs is on a mission to produce cell cultivated leather that achieves the look, feel and performance of traditional leather without compromise. The composition of the material achieves the complexity of traditional hides without the need to go to animals as an ongoing source of hides. The process is more environmentally sustainable and favorable for animal welfare than that which is used to produce traditional leather.
About the role:
As a member of the Pilot Manufacturing team, you will aid in the production of the very first cultivated leather on a pilot manufacturing scale! Reporting to the Pilot Manufacturing Manager, you will aid VitroLabs in maintaining steady production of our product. You will help develop process optimizations and give feedback on Standard Operating Procedures, which will allow VitroLabs to achieve a consistent, high-quality product for our customers. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape our first pilot manufacturing plant and the processes for production of our exciting, novel product!
You are inspired by VitroLabs' mission to create the highest quality materials that meet the uncompromising standards of our customers while drastically lowering environmental impact and furthering animal welfare. You enjoy a startup environment where ego is checked at the door and team work is essential. You approach new processes with curiosity and courageously suggest process improvements to support your team's progress and goals.
- Maintain manufacturing operations and batch records while following Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate with Pilot Manufacturing Lead to get and apply production process updates
- Participate in the installation and evaluation of new equipment and bioreactor technologies in partnership with R&D and Facilities Operations
- Work with the Pilot Manufacturing Manager to make process improvements and determine appropriate operating parameters to improve on quality and efficiency
- 1 or more years of experience* with full-cycle bioprocess manufacturing production operations
- Experience with aseptic and clean room principles
- Experience with small or large-scale bioprocess manufacturing equipment
- Available to work weekends
*At VitroLabs, we understand that those who are courageous enough to make the bold moves and run with the "crazy" ideas are the folks who drive innovation and enable us to accomplish our mission. There is no specific pathway that makes you a fit for this role, but rather your resilience, tenacity, and constant curiosity.
If you want to collaborate with us and know you can help make a product that will change the planet for the better, we want to hear from you.
- $44.23- $49.76 per hour ($92,000 - $103,500 annually)
- 90-100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental care
- Flexible Spending Account/ Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life insurance & Long Term Disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401K (Employer matching)
- Onsite employer sponsored lunches (3 days each week)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks responsibly sourced)
- Team happy hours and regularly scheduled table tennis, foosball, and cornhole matches
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.