Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Principal Scientist of Bioanalytical Chemistry to play a critical role in leading bioanalytical activities conducted in-house and/or through CRO’s, contributing to the successful outcomes of preclinical and clinical development programs. The successful incumbent is expected to have an proven scientific record within drug development and extensive knowledge in bioanalytical assay development and troubleshooting for LC-MS, ligand binding assays, immunoassays, and PCR-based assays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the lead bioanalytical scientist in the design, optimization, and execution of bioanalytical methods for quantitation of protein biologics in support of Research, pre-Clinical and Clinical studies across various platforms and assay techniques, including LC-MS/MS, HPLC, CE, ELISA and LBAs.
- Develops and leads the transfer of test methods to CROs, in accordance with guidance documents, including the management of associated timelines and deliverables.
- Develops assays in-house, generates SOPs, and conducts sample analysis in various biological matrices, including plasma, tumor environments, and solid tissues.
- Interact closely with Research, pre-Clinical and Clinical teams to ensure bioanalytical activities are prioritized and deliverables are achieved in accordance with project timelines.
- Prepare and organize data, report and present findings, conclusions and strategy to key internal stakeholders.
- Drive alignment with project teams, functional leadership, and governance committees on bioanalytical strategies and its activities
- Key in the establishment of a new bioanalytical lab, to include the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of related instruments and methods.
- Serve as the primary technical expert for bioanalytical sections for study protocols, reports, and all regulatory submissions and responses.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline + at least 5 years of bioanalytical chemistry experience within an industry setting.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical method development across various platforms and assay techniques, including HPLC, CE, ELISA, PCR, LBAs with strong expertise in LC-MS/MS.
- Extensive experience in new assay identification, development, optimization, and implementation.
- Strong understanding and prior experience working in solid tumor oncology and/or immuno-oncology biologics is a plus.
- Knowledge of GLP requirements and understanding of current industry trends and regulatory expectations associated with analytical science.
- Experience preparing and updating regulatory filings is a significant plus.
- High competence in data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with external CROs (due diligence, proposals, oversight, project management, data analyses, and reporting) is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and stock purchase plan, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Relocation assistance
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity
Since our inception in 2017, we’ve successfully built an innovative culture that encourages scientific creativity within the bounds of our data-driven decision-making philosophy. This enabled our agile R&D team to efficiently discover numerous novel preclinical candidates: each of our unpartnered pipeline assets was discovered in 2020.
We encourage energetic, scientifically driven professionals to review our open positions and apply to those that match their qualifications.