Personal and Professional Attributes:
- You have a talent for architecting software abstractions that focus on being clean, robust and maintainable
- You have significant experience writing production software in a real-time control environment
- You have created quality code in an agile software environment with an emphasis on automated testing
- You are able to perform root-cause analysis and debug complex software systems
- You have a strong desire to achieve commercial success with your company’s products
- Architect, design and code across the entire software stack in our DNA sequencers
- Collaborate with engineers, scientists and program managers to achieve scalable instrument software architectures
- Communicate and document designs using behavioral and structural diagrams
- Quickly create proof-of-concept prototypes and evaluate feasibility
- Support and mentor software team members
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline, or equivalent
- Excellent coding skills and fluency in managed runtime environments, such as .NET or Java
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to be able to effectively interact with mechanical, electronic, quality, and manufacturing engineers
- High-performance computing solutions knowledge/experience preferred
- Diagnostic equipment or services in the life sciences industry knowledge/experience preferred
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: