To join us on this fantastic journey, we are looking for a value-driven Head of Global Project Controls eager to create and lead the Global Project Controls function in Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB). The Head of Global Controls reports directly to the Head of Global Engineering and resides in the newly established Global Project Engineering organization. In this global position you will be working in a worldwide expanding organization supporting all locations in FDB (one in Texas, two in North Carolina, one in California, one in United Kingdom, and one in Denmark). More sites are expected to be added in the future as we grow.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, a world-leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), are growing significantly as we are expanding capacity and capability globally over the coming years. Recently FUJIFILM Corporation announced the investment of USD 1.6 billion to enhance and expand the cell culture manufacturing services of FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies.
This is a global position that will support all sites (United Kingdom, Denmark, USA) and can be based at any of our 5 locations. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based at and considered your home site.
Follow Your Genki to FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB) has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We're growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We're proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive - what FDB calls Genki.
Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what's possible.
This is a global position that will support all sites (United Kingdom, Denmark, USA) and can be based at any of our locations. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based at and considered your home site.
We are requesting all interested applicants to submit their CV and application to the link below:
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: Head of Global Project Controls
About the department
It is the mission of the Global Project Engineering organization to build and grow capabilities in FDB to manage the growing CapEx portfolio efficiently and in accordance with our business strategy.
We ensure that CapEx projects are executed consistently, efficiently, on time and in budget in accordance with our project model, systems, guidelines, and standards.
About the Role
Global Project Controls will be one of our main focus areas.
As Head of Global Project Controls, you will be responsible for creating guidelines and tools as well as support and education of our sites. You will be creating, governing, and educating sites in our project model, guidelines, and standards. You will represent our company, our mission of advancing tomorrow's medicine, our passion for collaborating with our partners for life, and our dedication to seeing every project through with the highest amount of integrity and impact.
- Develop strategies for Global Project Controls in alignment with the business and provide oversight and guidance for senior management to make decisions on strategic capital projects.
- Supports Global Engineering team peers and local management in the roll out and implementation of Global Engineering initiatives.
- Lead Project Controls functional objectives and initiatives globally
- Collaborate with and work hand in hand with local site management and engineering organizations to develop global updates and align on local expectations, key metrics and goals on major projects.
- Functionally responsible for the Project Controls disciplines, namely Estimating, Cost Management, Change Control, Scheduling and Risk Management.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to Project Controls staff
- Create scalable policies, procedures and work processes for implementation across the global CapEx project portfolio
- Specify scalable systems and tools suitable for management of project and enterprise controls
- Provide training and technical support in the implementation of systems and procedures
- Ensure consistency of approach across all projects in the global CapEx project portfolio
- Perform Project Controls QMS compliance audits
- Performs routine and targeted reviews of projects together with other members of the Global Engineering leadership team
- Ensure the development of a fully integrated and robust Performance Measurement Baseline described in terms of scope, schedule, cost, and risk for major projects
- Undertakes Project Controls QMS compliance audits
- Participate in strategic capital planning for the sites
- Contribute to the Gate Review process, including supporting the assessment of the maturity of projects and their readiness to pass through the phase gate
- Reviews and approves Cost Estimate Plans, Basis of Cost Estimates, and all classes of cost estimate for major projects
- Support and sometimes facilitate the Value Engineering process
- Review Basis of Schedule and integrity of project schedules for major projects
- Provide guidance on the creation/content of Project Controls Plans (Subset of PEP) and ensure best practices are being applied
- Review and approve Cost Estimate Plans, Basis of Cost Estimates, and all classes of cost estimate for major projects
- Supports local project management by interviewing senior Project Controls candidates
- Support the close out process at the end of each key phase or contract and providing lessons learned back into the delivery cycle for both Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies and future projects
- Support the development of feasibility studies and conceptual briefs on major strategic projects.
- Support the Global Portfolio Lead with reporting tools and project data aggregating at portfolio level
- Support the creation, data capture and ongoing maintenance of global estimating benchmark database(s)
- Develop, implement and manage a Risk Management system
You will report to the Head of Global Project Engineering
We are looking for a candidate with the following background and skill sets:
- A Bachelor or Master of Science degree (preferably within finance, accounting, or engineering)
- A minimum of 15 years related experience with Life science and within large CapEx projects is required
- A strong knowledge and experience in portfolio- and project management governance, tools and systems.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Proven communication and relationship skills while navigating easily at all levels across the organization.
- A track record of establishing strong external and internal relations built on trust.
- Must be able to travel extensively (30%).
As a person you approach colleagues with openness and your tasks with enthusiasm. You are adaptable to a fast and everchanging pace of work. You understand the importance of involving stakeholders in your daily work and enjoy being part of a team. If you by nature celebrate the success of others and elevate those around you, so they shine, then we would be thrilled if you would consider applying for this role.
Has this sparked your interest? Then we urge you to upload your CV and cover letter as soon as possible as we will screen on an ongoing basis. The job advertisement will be removed when the right candidates have been identified.
About FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, is a world-leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with experience in the development and manufacture of biologics, vaccines and advanced therapies. The company operates a global network with major locations in the Unites States of America, the United Kingdom and Denmark and it is building a new manufacturing site in Holly Springs, North Carolina, USA.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has over thirty years of experience in the development and manufacturing of recombinant proteins, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, among other large molecules, viral products and medical countermeasures expressed in a wide array of microbial, mammalian, and host/virus systems. The company offers a comprehensive list of services from cell line development using its proprietary pAVEway™ microbial and Apollo™X cell line systems to process development, analytical development, clinical and FDA-approved commercial manufacturing.
We use our skills, dedication and ambition to enable impact for the world's most innovative biotech and biopharma companies reimagining healthcare's potential. We work across the entire lifecycle of our customers' products – enabling success throughout. Every cure, vaccine, biologic, and advancement we contribute to starts with our people and our passion. We fuel one another's passion, help accelerate progress, expand capabilities, strengthen innovation, and improve processes to improve lives.
We offer the chance to be part of a global workplace where passion, drive and commitment are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Deeply committed to diversity and inclusion, we ensure that everyone no matter their background or gender has an opportunity to develop. We take pride in enriching our communities, caring for our environment, and cultivating a world of opportunity for future generations.
We aim to foster a collaborative, innovative and rewarding environment, where diverse perspectives and people come together united by a common purpose and shared values. We pursue our fullest potential as individual contributors and team members. We strive to be the employer of choice and offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBUHR@fujifilm.com.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.
FDBC is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation and any other status protected by state or federal law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.