ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com
. POSITION SUMMARY:
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is seeking an exceptional individual and scientist to support in vivo pharmacology activities across our portfolio of targeted therapeutics for children and adults with cancer. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive in vivo pharmacology activities across pipeline programs. This individual will be a key member of the Translational Research group within our Research and Development organization and help us achieve the excellent scientific work that is critical to successful pediatric and adult oncology drug development. The position as described is designed for full-time remote work.
This position has the potential to be fully remote. Occasional travel will be required for in person meetings. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide scientific and technical leadership for in vivo pharmacology activities across drug development programs
· Drive in vivo pharmacology efforts from selection of preclinical in vivo models to design and execution of PK-PD and efficacy studies across programs
· Interface with CROs to manage in vivo studies
· Manage and analyze data and effectively communicate results in project and sub-team meetings
· Collaborate with translational scientists, DMPK and other line functions to drive early clinical development
· Detailed documentation of protocols, data, outputs and procedures
· Track record of contributing to study reports and documents that support IND filings QUALIFICATIONS
· PhD in pharmacology, oncology or cell biology or other related field
· 10+ years[EV1] industry experience in oncology drug discovery and development
· Experience working with in vivo oncology models and running efficacy and PK-PD studies
· Experience in managing CROs to execute in vivo studies
· Expertise in signaling pathways
· Experience in contributing to study reports to support regulatory filings
· Excellent communication skills across all levels within the organization
· Ability to work dependently and collaboratively in fast-paced cross-functional environment
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. DISCLAIMER
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.