Director, Clinical Site Partnerships
United States – RemoteUnited States - New Jersey - Morris PlainsUnited States - California - Foster CityUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Clinical Operations Oncology is responsible for the worldwide execution of all Phase 1 through 3 clinical trials within the Oncology Therapeutic Area. Clinical Operations plays a key role in ensuring all Gilead clinical trials are performed in accordance with applicable SOPs, company policies and regulatory guidelines to provide timely and high-quality clinical data that supports global registration and commercialization of Gilead's products.
Gilead has a rich pipeline of promising medicines across multiple indications in Oncology with numerous submissions and readouts planned through 2025. There are >10 active pivotal registrational trials, a robust early-mid phase pipeline, and a myriad of partnerships, collaborations, and opt-ins that require executive leadership and oversight. Oncology is a highly competitive landscape and flawless execution will be paramount to success. To ensure Gilead is positioned for success, the ClinOps Oncology Team has established a Director of Clinical Site Partnerships role to develop key partnerships with leading Oncology institutions globally. The Director, Clinical Site Partnerships will report into the Sr. Director, Business Strategy & Operations within Clinical Operations Oncology.
The successful candidate will provide global leadership of the clinical site partnerships and key insight and leadership for Project HOPE (Hematology Oncology Portfolio Engagement). In this role, you will provide central coordination and support to approximately 15 Associate Directors, Clinical Site Partners (Associate Director-level) globally, either via direct line management or dotted-line oversight. You will cultivate relationships with key institutions globally, creating a branded network of preferred sites for Gilead Oncology. To do so, you will implement a governance model for preferred sites, and set and manage Key Performance Indicators via performance analytics.
These site relationships are critical with both active and potential investigative sites and institutions to optimize delivery of clinical trial programs, inclusive of site identification and qualification, enrollment planning and execution, timely delivery of database lock and study close out. You will ensure effective communication between investigative sites and institutions and the Gilead Development organization and a point of escalation for both Gilead and investigator site staff, including partnering with Gilead and investigator site staff to resolve issues and remove barriers as needed. You will be responsible for establishing and managing relationships with regional / local patient advocacy groups (PAGs) and communities, ensuring incorporation of the patient perspective and voice across the continuum of product development. Additional expansion to coordinating efforts with cooperative groups and SMOs may occur.
The role will build on existing work done by the Project HOPE team, but also provides opportunity to drive and shape the site partnership model moving forward.Example Responsibilities:
- Develop Oncology ClinOps Strategy to develop a preferred network of oncology sites to accelerate delivery of the pipeline and establish Gilead as Sponsor of Choice
- Support and coordinate activities for Clinical Site Partner Roles to drive business priorities for the ClinOps oncology organization and enable achievement of key milestones
- Establish the site partnership operating model and ways of working
- Strategize planned visits to establish site partnerships and follow-up to build network and maximize site performance
- Recommend and implement key efficiencies for working with clinical sites, including Master CTAs, Rate cards, document templates, etc
- Line Management responsibility of Clinical Site Partners (4 in US) and coordinate activities closely with global Clinical Site Partners
- Lead pro-active stakeholder engagement activities and partnerships to maintain alignment with wider organization, including Medical Affairs and Clinical Development
- Create project reporting structures and governance mechanisms, including the key success metrics and supporting KPIs to provide leadership with visibility progress and performance
- Build and manage a site relationship database, collating all required information from network.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. Please see the following for the qualifications and skills we seek for this role.Minimum Education & Experience
Knowledge & Other Requirements
- BA / BS / RN with 12 or more years' relevant clinical or related experience in life sciences. Or, MA / MS / PharmD / PhD with 10 or more years' relevant clinical or related experience in life sciences.
- Deep knowledge of Clinical Operations (prior experience managing clinical trials) and experience driving acceleration and process improvement activities
- Evidence of driving business transformation and leading change across large teams
- Ability to influence senior managers and drive change
- Strong working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and in country regulatory guidelines and requirements.
For Colorado Job Applicants:
- Strong self-management and organizational skills; ability to manage workload, set priorities and adjust as needed.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and oral presentation skills (both in English and local language).
- Ability to establish and maintain strong long-term relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of team dynamics.
- Strong leadership presence with demonstrated ability to lead without authority at all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strategic agility and broad business acumen.
- Possess a combination of critical thinking and operational expertise and efficiency.
- Line management experience.
- Self-motivated with proactive issue monitoring and seeks opportunities to remove barriers.
The salary range for this position is:
$165,920.00 - $248,880.00
Gilead considers a range of factors, including background and experience, when determining base compensation. These considerations means actual compensation will vary.
Position is also eligible for bonus and benefits. For more information, visit https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.