HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role we are seeking a Manager, Global Payments to serve as an integral part of the Procure to Pay (P2P) Operations team within Amgens Global Source to Pay organization. The Manager, Global Payments is responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of Accounts Payable payment activities, as well as ensuring Amgen is up to date with current and forthcoming regulations and changes in the global payments landscape. The Manager, Global Payments will report to the P2P Senior Manager Finance. This position can be based out of Tampa FL or Thousand Oaks CA, or CA/FL Remote.
- Lead the team that handles the global payments portion of the P2P process; prioritize job duties for the team and ensure all Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments are met for Global Payments.
- Ensure high value invoices are reviewed for accuracy and are appropriately approved prior to payment execution. Also, ensure manual payments requests are aligned with corporate policy and are appropriately approved prior to payment release.
- Manage the monthly intercompany netting process; partner with Accounting on how to setup intercompany master data to ensure proper payment.
- Manage the execution of the SAP reconciliation with Citibank File Services.
- Ensure payment runs are processed daily as scheduled, and disbursed, as appropriate, resolving any called out issues. Review PosiPay exceptions and take appropriate action.
- Supervise the management of the Global Payments mailbox and ensure prompt resolution of global payment errors, rejections, and returns and collaborate with key functions including Accounting, Treasury, & Rebates teams, as needed to drive required actions.
- Develop and maintain active communication with internal client groups and business partners such as Treasury, Accounting and IS.
- Lead investigation and coordinate with Treasury on foreign payment issues.
- Provide second level Global Payments support to Customer Support and Accounts Payable teams
- Liaise with the banks to configure new payment methods or changes to transmission files due to changes in global banking requirements. Work with banking partners to complete any required investigations or payment traces.
- Support testing and deployment of changes / enhancements to ERP/SAP system.
- Design efficient and controlled manual payment process for entities that are not on SAP.
- Provide oversight, ownership and testing support for implementations of new entities by understanding local requirements and implications to the Global Payment process.
- Continuously review global payment regulations and ensure global payments process is aligned with current and forthcoming regulations and reforms such as changes in foreign payments / currency restrictions and implement solutions to ensure continued disbursement.
- Analyze and evaluate business processes / system upgrades and recommend actions to streamline processes, reduce operational costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a subject matter authority and thought leader to actively engage with the P2P Leadership team to communicate any compliance, risks and concerns, as well as opportunities to optimize and improve processes.
- Consult and support on M&A activities to ensure payment at deal closure.
- Serve as main P2P contact for all Legal settlement payments.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of Procurement or Finance experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Procurement or Finance experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Procurement or Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Procurement or Finance experience
- Bachelors degree in, business, or any other highly quantitative subject area
- 5+ years of experience in Procure to Pay processes
- 2+ years in a managerial position within the Procurement process
- Experience working for a Global corporation and within a global disbursements role
- Treasury or Accounting experience related to disbursements
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and implementing solutions related to payments
- Experience with non-US currencies and transactions
- Demonstrated experience in process and service management
- Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Ability to influence at all levels with a customer-facing attitude
- Ability to take initiative and work within an autonomous environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.