HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Data EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will drive innovation for the Corporate Functions IS organization. You will be an integral member of a cross functional Agile Product Team that will implement and own a ground breaking Anaplan system, assisting with the build of ETL and Data Analytic solutions. Come join our team and be a part of something new that we can be proud of!
- Contribute to the design and development for optimal ETL pattern to support key business solutions
- Collaborate with Application Architects and Business SMEs to design and develop end-to-end data pipelines and supporting infrastructure
- Automate and optimize data pipeline and framework for easier and efficient development process
- Contribute towards build of framework for data analytics and AI/ML processing
- Proactively identify & implement opportunities to automate tasks and develop reusable frameworks
- Develop automated controls to ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as they relate to data assets
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The technologist we seek is an individual contributor leader with "roll-up your sleeves" attitude, having these qualifications.
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking with solid attention to detail
- Proficient in coding languages like Python, Scala or Java
- Demonstrable experience with SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.)
- Hands-on experience using Databricks or similar notebook environment
- Experience with Schema Design & Dimensional data modeling. Data Warehouse or Data Lake experience
- Experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway
- Experience with DevOps software engineering best practices and CI/CD, version control and automated testing tools such Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Apache Spark and Airflow
- Experience building data warehouses and ETL pipelines
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.