HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Process Development Postdoctoral Fellow - Pivotal Attribute Sciences
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will work in the Attribute Sciences Data Engineering (ASDE) group at Amgens Thousand Oaks, CA campus, or remotely. The ASDE group plays a dynamic role within process development and supports programs from the early research phase through commercial manufacturing. In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with both bench scientists and data scientists to develop novel predictive models to support Amgens rapidly evolving pipeline.
- Utilize advanced machine learning techniques to build predictive models
- Collaborate with analytical scientists, biophysicists, and data scientists
- Assess protein structures and calculate biophysical features
- Develop a deep biophysical understanding of chemical degradation mechanisms
- Give routine presentations, draft technical reports, and prepare manuscripts for publication.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- PhD or PhD by December 2022
- Doctorate Degree in Computational Biology, Applied Data Science, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience developing machine learning models
- Experience in developing predictive models of biomolecules
- Functional understanding of protein structure and biophysics
- Experience with common post-translational modifications of proteins
- Ability to take initiative, conduct independent research, and be flexible in responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for timely documentation, presentation, and manuscript preparation in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, team-based environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.