HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate, AccountingLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will join our dynamic Global Accounting team is made up of a diverse and highly skilled group of professionals who are passionate about Amgens mission of serving patients. Teams are located across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. We also have accounting operations supported by our external business partner in India.
Amgen is searching for an Accounting Senior Associate to join our Global Accounting team. The functional area and role location will be dependent on the needs at the time of the initial interview.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Analysis and Interpretation Accounting and Financial Reports
- Understand transactions executed by the business, in order to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Analyze financial results and provide explanations to management for the movements of Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and Cash Flow statements
- Prepare detailed support for external reporting deliverables (10Q/10K)
Business Partnering (Commercial, Research & Development, Operations or General & Administrative)
- Work with Finance and Operational teams in performing accounting tasks and monitoring the successful execution of Month End close activities, including but not limited to preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Develop strong relationships within Finance (Financial Planning, Tax, Purchase to Pay, Treasury, Global Strategic Sourcing)
Internal Controls and Compliance Process support
- Support the documentation and testing of controls in support of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Certification and other control verification processes
- Support Internal/External/Tax audits by timely providing backup, explaining transactions, and answering inquiries, as applicable
Process Improvement, Automation and Project Management
- Collaborate with process stakeholders to proactively determine and support the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities that will enable an efficient and effective accounting close process
- Obtain knowledge in Automation and Reporting solutions, including deployment, (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Anaplan, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Teams, Smartsheet, Docusign) to reduce transactional work in favor of strategy and analysis
Vendor Services Collaboration
- Partner closely with our External Services vendor supporting accounting operations to complete close activities and deliver quality services to Amgen
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The accounting professional we seek is a key team player with these qualifications.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field, OR
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of accounting experience, OR
- Associate's Degree and 6+ years of accounting experience, OR
- High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years of accounting experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, audit or financial reporting
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft Office Applications
- Comprehensive accounting knowledge on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and be able to bridge cultural differences
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, to multi-task, and establish priorities
- Project management skills
- Experience with ERP applications (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- General knowledge of automation initiatives
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is plus
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.