Does the thought of building an entirely new site from the ground up excite you? Do you love cultivating sustainable systems and high performing teams? If you want to be a part of Amgens mission to serve patients every patient every time then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Amgen, one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies is investing $550 million to build a new multi-product drug substance biomanufacturing facility in Holly Springs, North Carolina, a biomanufacturing hub known for their life sciences industry. The new plant will combine two production formats, traditional stainless steel-fed batch and single use technology. This combination of capabilities is an approach that Amgen calls FleX Batch manufacturing, which makes the facility more dynamic and efficient, as well as requiring a smaller physical footprint than a traditional plant. Additionally, the plant will integrate innovations to advance digitalization and sustainability; aspiring to embed industry 4.0 capabilities and reduce energy consumption and waste generation to meet Amgens plan to be carbon neutral by 2027.
The investment will bring approximately 355 jobs comprised of highly skilled workers that will be built on a foundation that promotes diversity, inclusion and belonging. The site will include the manufacturing plant, warehouse, central utilities and office space. Amgen is targeting 2024 for site completion.
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will be joining the Facilities & Engineering (F&E) team to partner closely with the Corporate Engineering team as well as all site functions to design, build, commission, and qualify new equipment and systems needed for drug substance production. The Process Owner will develop subject matter expertise to support operations upon start-up including responsibility for the equipment maintenance planning and scheduling teams as well CMMS data administration, integrity, and delivering metrics. You will also be responsible for ensuring execution of a compliant planning and efficient scheduling of resources across multiple craft disciplines while ensuring the CMMS work records and asset data is maintained in an accurate state of readiness for inspection and audits.
The Manager Work Order Administration CMMS Process Owner reports to the Director of the Amgen North Carolina Facilities & Engineering group.
- Provide leadership, coaching and technical expertise to a team of planners/schedulers and CMMS Data Coordinators to establish the Asset Maintenance program and strategy as data is confirmed and uploaded from the commissioning and qualification team.
- Lead the Central Inventory (equipment spare parts) program working closely with the Internal Service Provider as it relates to the overall MRO process supporting the site.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, recommend solutions, and manage implementation of initiatives to improve planning and scheduling accuracy and adherence and overall asset management program.
- Collaborate with key customers and support groups regarding preventative maintenance activities and on time completion as well as manage aging work order backlog.
- Collaborate with corporate network groups to improve planning and scheduling performance in addition to improving CMMS functionality to meet business needs.
- Provide direct supervision and oversight of work order safety programs and planning procedures.
- Ensure planning is accomplished in accordance with cGMP requirements and specifications.
- Ensure high resource utilization. Maximize staff productivity.
- Occasional on-call support may be required
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. For the Manager Work Order Administration CMMS Process Owner professional, we seek is a dynamic, flexible and driven individual with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of Maintenance and CMMS experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Maintenance and CMMS experience OR
- Associate degree and 10 years of Maintenance and CMMS experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Maintenance and CMMS experience AND Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or other technical field
- 3+ years experience in the Military, engineering, or maintenance
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- 2+ years in a regulated industry such as Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology
- Extensive knowledge and experience with electro-mechanical equipment and associated maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to work within Microsoft Excel and Brio or other Data query software
- Proven troubleshooting, problem solving and investigational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to work with minimum direction.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.