HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Auditorium Live Production EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for planning and execution of large-scale on campus events. Amgen is seeking a hardworking, self-directed live production engineer with experience working in a dynamic environment that demands high-quality and efficient results.
- The DWX (Digital Workplace Experience) team is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and life cycle of Amgens End User Technology services which include user PCs, mobile devices; printers, communication tools including Audio/Video teleconference/meeting support, Webex Teams, Email Messaging; and collaboration tools including Office 365, SharePoint Online, Box, and Yammer.
- This role will be reasonable for all aspects (Event planning, Equipment readiness, Equipment improvement), of Amgen event spaces.
- The candidate should be extremely meticulous and have hands-on experience producing and delivering high quality in person & hybrid live events.
- The candidate should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an Engineer with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Engineering experience and or event production experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Engineering experience and or event production experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Engineering experience and or event production experience
- 5+ years experience producing live events for fortune 500 companies
- Subject matter expertise operating control room equipment including video switchers, audio consoles, and video playback software
- Experience with Analog way switchers (Aquilon)
- Domain expertise in live event audio systems (Shure, Yamaha CL Consoles, Biamp)
- Experience maintaining large event spaces/auditoriums (video walls, Crestron control systems)
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Experience with virtual/hybrid technology (Vbrick webcast, Webex, Teams, VizRT)
- Experience with NDI Software and Devices
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Life Sciences
- Strong leadership presence and interpersonal/communication skills (written and oral). Experience managing technical teams
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles
- Experience with the ITIL process framework and outsourced resource support models
- Established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
- Thorough understanding related to collaboration tools, computing devices and unified communications products applied at Amgen.
- Working knowledge in Install, upgrade, image, and support all company desktops/laptops/MacBook hardware/iOS devices, Printers and AV equipment. MS Office 365 support knowledge, including Outlook and MS Teams support
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.