HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate Commercial Insights- Respiratory Analytics
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for providing varied commercial analytics to support the brand team planning cycles (forecasts, quarterly business reviews, brand plans) and strategy ad hoc marketing analytics for Amgens respiratory portfolio. The Commercial Insights Senior Associate will work under the guidance of a senior member of the Commercial Insights Team to deliver for the assigned assets, as well as with the director on cross brand initiatives. Guided by a senior member of the team, the individual in this role will deliver analysis using claims data, prescription/demand data, electronic medical records data, and other internal/external data sources.
This position reports to a Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics for Amgens respiratory portfolio within Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A).
- Produce and deliver regular performance dashboards based on complex data sources, including prescriber or account-level demand data, claims data, electronic medical records, etc.
- Deliver on assigned analysis plans to provide analytical support for key financial activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews by providing objective analysis
- Partner with members of the forecasting vertical to provide detailed historical analysis to support the preparation of quarterly forecasts and long-range scenarios
- Gather needs for scheduled and ad-hoc analytics from cross-functional partners in collaboration with a senior member of the Commercial Insights team
- Managing relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective implementing of analytics
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a candidate with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of relevant analytics experience
Associates degree and 6 years of relevant analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of relevant analytics experience
- Basic knowledge of marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets and automated data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experience in database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Demonstrated analytical skillsunderstands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.