What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you as a Data Excellence rotational program member, you will gain first-hand experience solving some of the most exciting problems facing the biotech industry today within a variety of functions. This three year development program will expose you to three different business analytics roles by spending one year in three different departments, with opportunities in Research & Development, Operations, Global Commercial Operations, and Corporate. Starting from Day One, you will be introduced to the many nuances and complexities of our organization and asked to think creatively and independently to influence and drive decision-making. You will also be given the opportunity to work in cross-functional teams that include key internal and external partners across the business, including but not limited to business development partners, scientists, operations staff, engineers, product teams, and executives.
- Implement data science projects and complete high quality deliverable on time to support business
- Apply programming / code to parse data, statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques, and NLP algorithms to uncover novel trends or factors representing opportunities or challenges to our business
- Liaise with potential users and SMEs to get input for design and to validate utility of solutions developed
- Write communications and facilitate discussions on processes / behaviors
- Analyze business needs and translate to software-level requirements
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek an emerging, entry-level talent to play a major role in how we architect, visualize, and interpret critical data that is at the very core of our business. As a Data Science Sr. Associate in our Data Excellence Development Program, you will be challenged with uncovering analytical insights through data mining and statistics. And you will have the opportunity to translate those insights into useful decisions for the business.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Data Science; Computer Science; Biomedical, Computer, or Software Engineering; Mathematics; Computational Chemistry or Biology; Statistics; Information Systems; Relevant Programs
Associates degree and 6 years of Data Science; Computer Science; Biomedical, Computer, or Software Engineering; Mathematics; Computational Chemistry or Biology; Statistics; Information Systems; Relevant Programs
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Data Science; Computer Science; Biomedical, Computer, or Software Engineering; Mathematics; Computational Chemistry or Biology; Statistics; Information Systems; Relevant Programs
- Prior internship in similar field
- Highly motivated, self-starting nature; capable of and comfortable with independent critical thinking and problem solving; energized by change and challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a particularly well-developed ability to display data and lead audiences to logical conclusions
- Strong teammate who is able to collaborate with colleagues on complex tasks
- Track record of optimally owning, planning, and implementing multi-faceted projects
- Experience with formal Agile project methodologies
- Programming Experience : familiarity with C++, R, MATLAB, Python
- Database Experience: SQL query, (familiarity with Hive/Hadoop, Mongo, Pandas)
- Big Data Storage Tools: AWS, virtual machines
- Data visualization tools: Tableau, Spotfire or similar; d3.js
- Basic understanding of application development methodologies and techniques, as well as the knowledge and skills to advise users of a proposed softwares functionality
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.