HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will develop an insight driven sensing capability with a focus on revolutionizing decision making. As part of this role you will be designing and developing robust data models, data pipelines and data products as part of a product team of data scientists, business analysts, and software engineers. The team will rely on your expertise in automating the transformation and manipulation of data to generate insights while building this visionary new capability for Amgen.
- Be a key team member assisting in design and development of data pipelines
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipeline to meet fast paced business needs
- Serve as system admin to manage AWS and Databricks platform;
- Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Able to explore new tools, technologies that will help to improve ETL platform performance
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a self-starter with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of relevant experience
Associates degree and 6 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience with software development (Java, Python preferred), end-to-end system design
- Experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Hive SQL
- Experience with ETL tool, for example Informatica PowerCenter
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
- Hands on development experience with Informatica Power Center, MDM, Data Integration Hub
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins
- Experience on AWS, familiar with EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Spark
- Experience working in a team of data scientist, business experts and software engineers to deliver insights and solutions
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.