Forge Biologics is a hybrid gene therapy contract manufacturing and therapeutics development company. Forge’s mission is to enable access to life changing gene therapies and help bring them from idea into reality. Forge has a 200,000 ft2 facility in Columbus, Ohio, “The Hearth,” to serve as their headquarters. The Hearth is the home of a custom-designed cGMP facility dedicated to AAV viral vector manufacturing and will host end-to-end manufacturing services to accelerate gene therapy programs from preclinical through clinical and commercial stage manufacturing. By taking a patients-first approach, Forge aims to accelerate the timelines of these transformative medicines for those who need them the most.
Forge Biologics, is seeking a self-motivated Client Relations Manager with deep client management skills to join our Client Relations team. The Client Relations Manager is responsible for a portfolio of client accounts from contract execution through delivery of product. The Client Relations Manager plays a critical and pivotal role as: Planner, Coordinator, Monitor, Negotiator, Communicator, Analyzer, Tactician, Listener and Customer Service Expert. Primary success metrics are customer satisfaction, client growth through the addition of programs to a client portfolio, and the evolution of clients from initial development-only opportunities to full GMP manufacturing.
- Functions as account manager and as liaison between the client and the company, acting as primary point of contact with clients after contract execution.
- Partner with Project Management and other internal delivery teams to oversee the delivery of activities and product to clients including the management of risk, key decisions, and issues.
- Grow existing clients by cross-selling and up-selling additional Forge services or products.
- Build a strong relationship with key client stakeholders.
- Set expectations of service quality, availability, and timeliness with the client.
- Understand the business impact that Forge’s work is having and provide insights and reports that measure or track the value that’s being generated.
- Create and share reports on customer satisfaction, contract retention, and revenue growth.
- Regularly provide client updates on work progress, obstacles, and overall performance with execution and progress toward delivery.
- Document, monitor, and track project timelines in tools (Smartsheets, Teams, and Hubspot).
- Keep internal stakeholders and the executive leadership team informed of project status updates and key issues that may impact project completion.
- Translate and drive prioritization of customer requirements into service and project requests.
- Report, communicate, and update relevant stakeholders on program timelines.
- Work with Marketing Department to create client success stories and references.
- Attend conferences as needed to meet and strategize with clients on their programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of Client Relations or client-facing project management/account management experience.
- 2+ years of experience with analyzing and synthesizing qualitative/quantitative information, forming opinions with corresponding recommendations, and presenting the results to key stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Technical or commercial experience working in gene therapy, rare diseases, pharma, or biotech a plus.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with an ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure a successful client experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to varying audiences and levels.
- Excellent analytical and facilitation skills with the ability to interpret and anticipate customer needs to develop clear and attainable goals and execution of project plans.
- Understanding of or experience with project management.
- Knowledge and experience of managing processes, teams, and personnel.
- Proficient at organizing documents and prioritizing work.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Relationship management and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and strategize effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (travel requirements will vary based on account assignments).
- In our commitment to the safety of our employees, customers and their families, a COVID-19 vaccination and boosters are required.
- Results driven and customer focused; “Get things done, make things happen”.
- Analytical, relationship builder, change advocate, diplomacy, self-starter, planning and organization skills.
- Integrity, enthusiastic, respectful, accountable, achieves excellence, and consistently delivers quality service to team members and clients alike.
- Focus on timely and quality work and superior customer satisfaction.
- Successful experience with and affinity for small to large size business environments.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high growth, dynamic work environment.