Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
SummaryThe Associate Director of R&D Delivery Excellence is responsible for execution upon a Global Strategy for Resource Management Analytics OR Organizational Risk and Issue Management. Analytical Resource Management will focus on implementing a data driven approach to optimizing resource deployment, productivity and costs through establishing advanced functional algorithms, metrics and modeling to forecast resource demand alongside effort tracking actuals and headcount allocation. Organizational Risk & Issue Management will have a focus on developing a formalized, harmonized approach to capturing, categorizing, trending, measuring, predicting, escalating, mitigating and recycling learnings from risks and issues within and across functions for R&D along with ties to other Functions, Corporate and the external landscape.
- Strategy→ Input into strategy for deployment across analytical resource management or organizational risk and issue management→ Establish linkages/line of site between functional and geographical differences/opportunities along with connection points to other Non-RD functions and Corporate→ Execute baseline inventory/need assessments surrounding existing functional processes, people and systems with impact on resource management or risk and issue management→ Execute with strong project management skills, including developing work-plans and managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, and knowing when to escalate→ Collaborate with other groups in Global RD Excellence to leverage expertise to build any necessary solutions→ Establish strong relationships cross-functionally, globally and with key established committees
- Analytical Resource Management→ Execute on the roadmap, refinement, integration, compliance and roll-out of Source Systems (Planisware, SAP, Workday, etc) to capture key data to enable Measurement and Analytical model development→ Ensure RD Functions have accurate resource forecasts based on well-constructed and data-driven algorithms supported in the Planisware tool→ Oversee the development of advanced algorithms using machine learning based on historical data and LF input→ Enable evaluation of in-source vs outsourced model cost and effectiveness, vendor/CRO/LF approaches→ Partner with Analytics team to build out New End User Solution to Visualize all resourcing related Data, Trigger Alerts, Analyze Metrics, Scenario Model, Drive Strategy Discussions and Action→ Oversee the development of Time Tracking System Standards, Governance, Compliance, Expansion and Training→ Embed Metrics around Resource Productivity, Cost, Capacity, Alerts
- Organizational Risk Issue Mgmt.→ Evaluate existing risk issue mgmt. processes functionally, locally, globally, organizationally and externally→ Execute on the roadmap, refinement, integration, compliance and roll-out of Source Systems (e.g., Planisware, CTMS, etc) to capture key data to enable Risk and Issue model development→ Partner with Analytics team to ensure technical solution enables centralized Risk Issue Mgmt. capture, reporting and analytics→ Harmonize grading, categorization and standardization of Risks and Issues→ Build out process for escalation with clear roles and responsibilities→ Progress analytical approach in partnership with Analytics function to predict, trend and measure effectiveness and execution→ Work with Learning Development to socialize learnings and build new content to avoid repeated risks issues→ Maintain a pulse on external landscape, Health Authority focus and emerging risk areas
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Life Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related discipline or equivalent work experience is required. required
- Master's Degree Masters Degree in Life Sciences preferred Experience Qualifications
- 7 or More Years Minimum 8 years of experience within life sciences supporting the optimization of people and processes along with Resource Mgmt and/or Risk & Issue Mgmt is preferred preferred
- Serving in a lead capacity in at least one of these domains is required, multiple preferred preferred
- Relevant Certifications such as PMP, BPM, Lean Sigma preferred preferred
- Experience with Black/Green belt projects from start to finish with clear impact is preferred preferred
- Experience executing Resource mgmt. process including design and maintenance of resourcing algorithms and solutions is preferred, OR preferred
- Experience driving Risk & Issue Mgmt. process or activities either in QA, Quality Mgmt., Risk Mgmt. or within a Business Function is preferred preferred
- Hands-on experience with Data, Analytics, Metrics, Solutions is preferred preferred
- Strong understanding of the research and drug development life cycle processes, roles and systems across R&D functions is required, direct experience in-function a plus preferred
- Experience establishing global business processes, cross-functionally in alignment with Regulations is preferred preferred
- Experience building Partnerships, Collaboration and Cross-Functional Initiatives is required required
- Demonstrated ability to influence at through clear, concise, and impactful verbal and written communication skills is required required
- Experience defining and generating business performance metrics is required required
- Knowledge of key industry regulations relating to R&D Delivery is required required
- Proven ability to work in a global and highly matrixed environment is preferred preferred
- Ability to build, mentor and grow a high performing and cohesive team is required required
- Experience supporting Audits and Inspections is preferred preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.