GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Associate Director provides statistical expertise and leadership to pre-analytical and analytical assay studies. The Associate Director partners with key internal stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret pre-analytical and analytical studies in support of GRAIL’s product development.Responsibilities
You will bring
- Create a vision for software testing to deliver a quality product in regulated life sciences/pharma industry.
- Able to build a team - hire talent, manage resourcesPlan, architect, design,and perform hands-on technical work as needed.
- Develop new test frameworks/libraries for Front End and APIs Contribute to enhance and maintain software development standards
- Work closely with the DevOps team to create/configure containerized test environments to achieve seamless test integration in local and AWS environments using tools like Jenkins and Docker.
- Support Application deployment to production and perform UAT/Smoke/Sanity testing. Create/maintain testing documentation to following team-wide document standards.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot/investigate issues.
- Work closely with Quality/compliance/regulatory bodies to maintain and enhance best practices
- 12+ years of experience in role in Software Engineering
- 6+ years of Managerial/leadership testing experience
- MUST have Life Science /BioTech experience.
- Track record of successful Software Test/SDET team building and people managementKnowledge of non-functional test methodologies and tools
- Experience with Front End (e.g. Selenium) or API related automation.
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins/Gitlab etc is a plus
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Agile methodologies
Hybrid work model
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.