HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Specialist IS Business Systems AnalystLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work alongside Solution Architects, Technical Architects, and developers to design, develop, support, and enhance change, release and compliance solutions for our global workforce using ServiceNow as a member of our Enterprise Service Management (ESM) ITIL Support team all while learning and growing your skills.
As part of a scaled Agile product delivery team, the Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst consults with product owners, end users, developers, technical and business staff to capture, understand, and define business requirements to expand self-service support capabilities on a broad set of technology services, software, and applications.
The Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst will research product technology, discover existing business processes, analyze opportunities, define user stories and designs to-be process flows to support the design and development of self-service technical support capabilities. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with developers to test and verify that solutions meet business requirements and facilitating key meetings with stakeholders including requirements design sessions, demonstrations, acceptance testing, and end user training.
The ESM ITIL Support team maintains process ownership and governance for Amgen's key service management processes including Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Release, Compliance, Software, Asset and Configuration Management, associated Performance Analytics, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Focuses on the Information Systems (IS) side of change including changes to business processes, systems, and technology while owning the change management strategies and plans that reduce risk
- Responsible for IS Change SOX audits, internal and external corporate audits as well as process audits
- Works to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact systems
- Owns the Enterprise IS Change Advisory Board (CAB) and drives alignment with the change management process strategy, policies, standards and ensures the CAB is fit for purpose and performing adequately in the assessment, prioritization, and scheduling of changes
- Supports the ESM functional CAB to create validated or non-validated changes in ServiceNow or Change Control Management System (CCMS) systems.
- Develops, maintains, and improves the change and release processes and training needs
- Write SOPs, protocols, technical reports, and memos in support of change, release management and compliance activities
- Assist, create and approve Requirement Specifications, Design Specifications, Testing Protocols, Validation Plans, Summary Reports, and Requirement Traceability Matrices
- Assists with improving coordinated and regularly scheduled changes to minimize risks, reduce disruptions and costs of doing business
- Defines metric measurements, monitor performance, and identify opportunities for continuous improvements for supporting processes
- Serve as Owner for Non-Conformances (NCs), Corrective/Preventive Actions (CAPAs) and Effectiveness Verification (EV) records
- 10% domestic travel can be expected
What we expect of you
The Specialist Information Systems (IS) Business Systems Analyst Change Management Process Owner plays a central role ensuring information technology changes meet business objectives on time and by increasing user adoption and usage of the Enterprise Change & Release Management processes. Amgens IS management has endorsed the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) as the framework for IS Service Management. The Specialist will act as an enabler in order to mitigate as many risks as possible and enable change and release processes to occur in a timely manner. The process owner will have the responsibility of end to end lifecycle of the IS change and release processes and its integrations with other processes, frameworks, and methodology. The Specialist will also support compliance and audit activities.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The IS professional we seek is a Systems Analyst with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience OR
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience OR
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field
- Strong understanding of service, change, and release management frameworks (e.g., ITIL)
- Experience in managing Change Management on ServiceNow with a proficiency related to configuration items, the Configuration Management Database, (CMDB), Common Service Data Model (CSDM)
- Experience in leading an Enterprise Change Advisory Board (CAB) and ensuring organizational compliance
- Experience and knowledge of change and release management principles, methodologies, and tools, such as ServiceNow applications and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Ability to interpret and support regulatory processes such as GxP (GMP, GLP, GCP, GPvP, GDP) or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) change and compliance processes
- Ability to partner with service owners, process owners, compliance leads, and other key stakeholders to define, drive and gather business requirements for the enterprise change management, release management and compliance processes
- Experience managing user stories using Jira and creating to-be process flow diagrams
- Experience working in an Agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) or hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) environment
- Detail oriented, ability to analyze and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks within a collaborative team environment and deliver complete and accurate work on time
- Aptitude to build and execute effective test plans, test scripts and traceability matrix
- Experience leading and supporting users through user acceptance testing
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working cross-functionally in a hybrid on-site/remote environment
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.