Position: Research Scientist, Pharmacology
Reporting To: Associate Director, Pharmacology
Nitto BioPharma Inc is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. We are currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, and independent research scientist to join our pharmacology/drug discovery group. The successful candidate is expected to execute in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate new drug targets, novel drug candidates and treatment modalities to address unmet medical needs.
Major Job Functions
· Propose research ideas; design and execute experiments independently
· Develop and implement animal models to facilitate different research projects.
· Establish and execute in vitro assays.
· Accurately and precisely record experimental data, analyze the data, and maintain study notes/records timely
· Present research progress to cross-functional groups/project teams.
Education and/or Experience
· B.S with 8-10 years, M.Sc or Ph.D with 2 years’ experience in drug discovery.
· Proficiency and hands-on experience in in vitro assay development and in vivo animal modeling
· Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphpad Prism)
· High motivation, independence, and ability to thinking critically and creatively to solve problems
· Experience with nucleic acid-based drugs is a plus
***Level of the position is flexible and commensurate based on candidate’s experience
Physical Job Requirements:
Office/Lab environment. Lifting to 20 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.