Conduct independent evaluations of Pfizer’s complex Information Systems and compliance control processes worldwide to ensure Pfizer’s risks are properly managed.
Develop audit plan and testing strategies to complex IT processes and controls, including automated controls. , Receives instruction from manager and director primarily on unusual or complex problems.
Present the results of audits to senior site and division management, including practical recommendations to address identified risks, requiring strong negotiation and influence skills.
Support contractor and/or more junior team members in testing IT controls, and perform initial workpaper review as needed.
Prepare formal written reports setting forth recommendations for local, division and Corporate management to strengthen and improve operations, as well as identify cost or efficiency savings.
Actively participate on departmental and/or cross-functional teams addressing internal and external issues that support the department’s operations and strategy. This may include updating our audit approach for ensuring compliance with the FCPA, Healthcare Compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations.
Ensures the appropriate prioritization of work in order to executive an effective work plan for audit/project work.
Keeps Audit Manager regularly apprised of status and issues.
Education: MA/MS/MBA preferred
Discipline(s): Information Systems Auditing required, SAP Experience preferred
Certification(s): Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA), Certified Public Accountant(CPA) ,Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) preferred
Other Training: Foreign language skills preferred
Minimum range of years experience: 5-7 years
Type of industry/organizations: Public accounting and/or internal auditing required; multi-national pharmaceutical experience a plus; international experience a plus; large corporation experience preferred but not required
Candidates should have solid technical skills in one or, preferably, several technical areas below:
- GxP regulations, guidelines, and industry standards as they apply to computer systems used within the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical industry, including FDA regulations 21 CFR Part 11 electronic records/electronic signatures and EU Annex 11.
- Review and evaluate IT and Process controls in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Strong knowledge in SAP, SAP Security and best practices solutions for SAP upgrades and implementations. SAP security knowledge should include but is not limited to SAP Authorization Concepts, Roles, Users Administration, SOD conflict resolution, SAP Access Controls, & SAP GRC Suite.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Management principles, including an understanding of computer system validation practices as they apply to the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical industry.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) IT Standards, Guidelines and Procedures for Auditing and Control and Code of Professional Ethics.
- Control Objective for IT (COBIT) standards or equivalent.
- IT security and control practices for relevant platforms and systems such as Mainframe, AS/400, Distributed (Unix, Windows) environments, Web-based technology, and LAN/WANs.
Candidates should also have solid audit skills in all areas below:
- Planning and project management while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Developing audit test strategies for complex IT solutions.
- Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Conducting reviews of all products of audit work performed by staff (work papers, testing and sampling plans, status reports, draft issues, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening and presenting findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner, and resolving issues that may arise in a professional manner
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and working effectively in a professional team environment in a matrixed organization.
Performing timely and constructive staff reviews.
- Flexible work environment which includes combination of Pfizer office/and home remote office
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting