Why Patients Need You
Our manufacturing logistics and supply team makes sure that customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. You’ll help bring medicines to the world even faster by embracing challenges, imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Working with a dynamic team of Logistics and Supply Chain experts, you will play a critical role in the movement of materials within the plant, office or warehouse. As a materials handling expert, you will be entrusted with receiving, storage, inventory control, internal distribution, and shipping, in compliance with corporate standards. To enable you to accomplish this task, you will make use of a variety of equipment, such as forklifts, hand carts, and power trucks.
As part of technical operations, you will be a team member who is relied to have a good understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. Your decision making will help you prioritize workflows based on the available resources. You will follow standard procedures to complete tasks, some of which may vary in scope, sequence, complexity and timing. You will contribute to the team’s success by sharing your knowledge from previous experiences.
It is your dedication and commitment that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time, professional development, prioritizes workflows, and accountable for own results.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures.
- Communicate effectively up and down the Chain of Command and maintain acceptable attendance.
- Work in a team environment that supports all aspects of the material handling function.
- Maintain material verification and inventory accuracy ensuring regulatory compliance in receiving, staging, shipping, and warehouse.
- Operate forklift or other powered or manual material handling equipment to unload and load goods through the facility.
- Maintain direct interaction with all relevant departments, such as production, finance, external vendors, contractors, quality assurance etc.
- Facilitate an environment of continuous improvement with all team members.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- Valid Drivers License and ability to pass health screening to driver Pfizer vehicles
- Experience operating a Stand up and Reach forklift
- Ability to read, comprehend, and respond to verbal and written instructions/facility documents in English ·
- Capable of completing documentation relative to the movement of inventory
- Ability to work unsupervised, be a team player
- Able to adapt to changing environment and situations in a constructive manner
- Proactive & effective communication within and across shifts
- Ability to pass random drug testing to support getting a CDL
- Experience with SAP inventory systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Lifting up to 50 pounds required
5 to 8 hours walking, bending, lifting, moving material
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
2nd shift, Monday - Friday. Overtime is mandatory. Flexibility required to work off shift hours and weekends as needed.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt