TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark is building a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
As a Product Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, securing, deploying, maintaining, and improving the centralized data platform for use both by internal TrialSpark employees and for external users. You will work with product managers, designers, and other functions of the business to help set priorities, scope technical work, coordinate changes, clarify and refine requirements, and set appropriate expectations. You are autonomous and self-driven, but can work effectively in a highly collaborative and team setting. In addition, you will use your experience and expertise to raise the bar on code quality, identify and prioritize off-roadmap opportunities, help set technical direction, and serve as a responsible steward of TrialSpark’s engineering culture.
Nice to have
- You are fluent in Python and SQL.
- You have worked on ETL pipelines.
- You have worked on backend systems and created clear and usable interfaces to those systems.
- You break down complicated problems and balance a bias towards action with building for the longer term.
- You write high-quality code, help enforce best practices, and promote testability and maintainability throughout a system and codebase.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills and provide appropriate levels of detail for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast learner.
- Worked on a modern data stack
- Familiar with AWS, specifically S3, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, and/or Athena.
- Familiar with data integration platforms like Stitch and Fivetran.
- Track record of working cross functionally with other engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and regulatory needs (e.g., HIPAA).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.