TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark is building a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
TrialSpark’s Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for the tools and services that enable our Engineering teams to deliver high quality products quickly including Cloud Hosting, CI/CD, and Observability. You will partner with your stakeholder engineering and data teams to improve engineering ergonomics and to raise our technical quality bar in service of faster and more efficient clinical trials. You will own end-to-end outcomes that move our teams forward. Ultimately, your work will define the quality and velocity of TrialSpark’s technology, and thus our ability to deliver new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
Note: Leveling of this role is commensurate with experience.
Nice to have
- You have built and managed infrastructure and systems within a cloud-computing platform like AWS to support engineering team productivity and velocity.
- You have fluency with Python, TypeScript, or similar languages.
- You have familiarity with Linux and shell commands.
- You have familiarity with Docker and containerization technologies.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast learner.
- If you’ve worked with relational databases like PostgreSQL via hosted or managed database systems like RDS.
- If you’ve worked with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform.
- If you’ve worked with automation and scheduling infrastructure (e.g. Jenkins, Kubernetes, Airflow, Prefect, Luigi, Lambda).
- If you’ve managed infrastructure in a regulated environment.
- If you have knowledge of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and regulatory needs (e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.