Manager, IT SOX Program
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
This position provides the required IT Risk & Controls program by sharing a point of view around ITGC controls design and audit support with expertise in a broad range of information security management topics.
Essential Duties & Job Function:
- Assist in the efforts to scope and evaluate the design of Internal Controls over Financial reporting (ICFR) specific to IT systems in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) while supporting an efficient and effective process
- Liaison with the Company's external and internal audit to provide expertise and consultation for a smooth and effective audit
- Assist in the assessment of the impact of audit findings, provide consultative support to system managers and support teams, and monitor remediation and action plans
- Coordinate with 3rd party service provider's as it relates to quality assessments of control execution, and the review of changes and assessments of SOX systems
- Conduct training and awareness of Gilead's IT system key controls framework of policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Work closely with business process owners, SOX PMO and Internal Audit on implementation, execution and compliance with IT system key controls
- Participate in IT project risk assessment reviews to support development of new and/or modification of existing application
- Support operational IT controls for new and emerging areas of risk
Coordinate internal and external audits and ensure IT system owners are trained and aware of IT operating procedures and how these implement SOX control objectives. Report status of audits, open actions items and remediation efforts. Provide auditing and controls expertise to IT to support implementation of controls in new IT systems. Support the general IT Risk & Controls objectives by participating in security, compliance and risk management activities.Knowledge Requirements:
Knowledge and understanding of
auditing and controls and has experience working with IT operating procedures preferably in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. Experience in information and IT services including knowledge of auditing principles, auditing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Experience working with IT general computer controls. Knowledge of application access and configuration controls and reviews in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications environment (e.g., Oracle EBS) is strongly preferred. Project Management skills are required.Problem Solving:
Independently evaluates and develops approaches to complex problems. Thinks creatively and applies facilitation skills to achieve resolution.Discretion / Latitude:
Works under minimal direction and work products require minimal review.Supervisory Relationships:
Leads a centralized functional activity and is encouraged to effectively oversee temporary workers or consultants. Takes accountability for the achievement of business objectives. Applies project management principles to drive teams to achievement of agreed deadlines.Basic Qualifications:
- High School Degree and Eleven Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Five Years Experience
Gilead Core Values: Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Certification highly desired (CISA, CISSP).
- Project management certification or relevant experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with functional and technical aspects of IT compliance and auditing principles
- Experience with assisting with the coordination of internal and external audits (e.g., SOX IT or quality system audits)
- Strong business and technology acumen; solid grasp of general IT computer and application controls, IT platforms and related services
- Skills/experience in planning, coordinating and implementing information technology policies, procedures and practices in regulated computing environments
- Knowledge and understanding of general computer controls, IT process management (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, change and release management
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details
- Ambitious, proactive, independent and responsive
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.