Senior Manager, Project Management, Global Commercial Strategy & Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionSenior Manager, Project Management, Global Commercial Strategy & Operations
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
The Senior Manager, Project Management,
is a position within the Global Commercial Strategy & Operations team and will report directly to the head of project management within GCSO. This position will support the organization in project management of Commercialization Teams (CTs) and operational execution. The Commercialization Teams are responsible for providing commercialization strategy input and decisions in alignment with the overall program strategy. The candidate may work across all of Gilead's therapy areas or be assigned to a specific therapy-area focus e.g., Oncology, HIV, COVID, Liver, Inflammation.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, with excellent project management capabilities and track record, highly organized, with strong attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the proven ability to effectively manage large and complex projects and workstreams and effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders, all within a very dynamic, fast paced environment.Core Responsibilities:
- Project and process management of Gilead CTs and GCSO Global Strategic Marketing teams
- Serve as key process and thought partner to CT leaders
- Partner with head of GCSO project management as well as GCSO Chief of Staff to identify areas for process efficiency across CTs and overall teams system
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, budget, and status reports
- High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience
- Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience
- Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
OR Preferred Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree plus 8+ years; MS plus 6+ years
- Strong project management skills required, including attention to detail and organization skills.
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required.
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence and operational rigor.
- Demonstrated consistent cross-functional collaborator, and business partner, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives.
- Strong leadership and communication skills across functions and leadership teams; comfort in business and technical discussions. Able to influence without direct authority.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- International work experience and experience working with global markets preferred
- No or limited travel
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.