Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a collaborative and passionate Research Associate to join our Gene Circuit Discovery group. As part of the Gene Circuit Discovery group, you will be at the core of several ongoing programs and essential to progressing Senti’s initiatives. You will have opportunities to take on challenging research projects within the GCD team as well as other tightly integrated research groups within Senti. The Research Associate will apply expertise in mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques to advance Senti’s mission in developing intelligent medicine. The ideal candidate will be comfortable executing and analyzing data produced from in vitro experiments, communicating findings, and collaborating with Senti colleagues to push projects forward in a fast-paced environment. As part of GCD, you will have the opportunity to attend a research conference annually and participate in an internally run journal club. Additionally, the successful candidate will value and demonstrate Senti’s core employee attributes: empathetic, collaborative, intellectually curious, and intrinsically motivated. Responsibilites
- Generate viral vectors for gene circuit transduction into multiple mammalian cell types
- Participate in experimental design and troubleshooting steps to progress projects related to the next generation of cell therapies.
- Evaluate gene circuit performance using a variety of in vitro assays including multi-color flow cytometry, Luminex-based assays, and microscopy
- Analyze data and present results to team members and group leaders
- Document experiments by generating timely records of protocols and data using Senti’s electronic lab notebook (Benchling)
- Collaborate with your colleagues at Senti by coordinating with other group members to troubleshoot problems, develop new assays, and support cross-functional projects
Salary and Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in related Life Sciences field with 2-4 years of hands-on lab experience in industry
- Experienced with BSL2 sterile technique and primary mammalian cell culture
- Experienced with or familiarity with multi-color flow cytometry experimentation and analysis
- Experienced with cytokine assays or protein quantification assays such as ELISA
- Comfortable with FlowJo, PRISM, and Benchling (or similar software applications)
- Organized and skillful in detailed documentation of experiments
- Team player, able to work with and adapt to the needs of different projects
- Base pay and stock options to be determined based on application qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles in the area
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environment
Senti Bio is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: SNTI) gene circuit company headquartered in South San Francisco. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases using novel and unprecedented approaches.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.