Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose `Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives’ fuels everything we do. We innovate every day to help make the world a healthier place. From scientific discovery to breakthrough products to our essential partnerships around the world, we’re committed to quality healthcare for everyone. Because every individual matters.
Kalamazoo is the largest manufacturing site in the Pfizer Global Supply network producing both Drug Product and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and supplies medicines to patients around the world. We are looking for a dynamic Digital leader to be our Kalamazoo Digital Site Lead.
What You Will Achieve
The Kalamazoo Digital Site Lead will be a Strategic Digital Leader who can deliver both flawless operational Digital Support – AND – own and drive the Strategic Digital Roadmap for the Site and Pfizer Global Supply (PGS). You will lead and manage concurrently the current Digital activities as well as the future Digital plans for the Kalamazoo location.
The Digital Site lead will be a member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) and will partner with the team to drive the optimum balance between quality, cost, and maximizing value of our Digital systems and services investments. In close collaboration with the SLT, you must understand the strategic PGS Operational plans for the site and establish and own the 3-5 year (rolling) Digital Strategy in partnership with supporting Digital organizations. This involves working closely with each SLT team member to ensure their Digital needs are understood and represented in the Site Digital strategy & plans.
The PGS Digital Site Lead will be the single point of contact for all Digital operations at the site, being the conduit for the Site Leadership Team and Operating Units into the Digital organization, oversight of operational support for Digital systems and services to ensure service levels are met and providing functional managerial support for the Digital colleagues and community at the site.
How You Will Achieve It
- Meet with functional management to evaluate client needs, resolve problems and obstacles, provide resources, reset direction, and maximize effective interactions and functioning
- Identify and manage key Digital Investment budget requests
- In partnership with supporting Digital organizations establish business cases to summarize investment requests and justifications for PGS Digital Investment for the Site.
- Establish relationships with site PGS Enabling Teams (i.e. Quality, Global Technology & Engineering) to ensure there is one overall Digital Plan for the Site (inclusive of IT/OT integration).
- Oversee the Digital incident and service request process for the site.
- Engage with PGS Digital Compliance to ensure the right policies and programs are in place to maintain system compliance with cGMP regulations and Pfizer policies and standards
- Institute and maintain site Disaster Recovery practices in concert with the site Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively; lead change and embrace diversity; influence stakeholders & senior leaders, ability to build business partnerships & relationship management to deliver results.
- Bachelor of Science or related Business/Technical field required. Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in information technology systems and/or infrastructure.
- Demonstrated track of record of performance in managing complex, cross-functional activities with ability to manage multiple priorities in a large global organization, demonstrating organizational knowledge/agility
- Business systems subject knowledge; manufacturing process and Digital systems knowledge; business acumen; experience with Lean/Operational Excellence tools and driving process efficiencies, strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Relocation support available
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical industry and/or functional knowledge & experience of working in a cGxP environment
- Experience representing Digital and/or IT/OT in Regulatory audits & inspections preferred.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge: Applies extensive information technology expertise and pharmaceutical specific expertise to role. Demonstrated skills in leading, planning, and developing successful business systems and infrastructure services projects.
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
Other Job Details:
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech