Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you will help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
In your work, you will help to develop and modifyprocess formulations, methods and controls to meet quality standards.Your role will recommend and implement improvements, modifications or additions which will document work; tests and solves problems.You will work with a team which reviewsproduct requirements with product development compatibility of processing methods to determine costs and schedules.
As part of the Technical Operations team, your prior work experience and ability to apply your breadth of knowledge will help you adapt the standard methods and procedures. You will help us identify required delivery and process improvements that drive increased efficiency, throughput and quality. Your expertise will help you in deciding the methods and procedures that are the best fit for different work situations.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
Provide engineering and technical support related to the operation, maintenance, installation, startup/commissioning, testing, and qualification of process and automated equipment and systems within a biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. This may include production equipment such as bioreactors, fermentors, ultrafiltration skids, Clean – In – Place (CIP) skids, and other support equipment.
- Support the operation and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and control systems used in the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals
- Support tech transfer and changeover for commercial and clinical processes
- Support reliability engineering for production and support equipment
- Provide on the floor operational support as needed
- Support the design and qualification of improvements, changes, or upgrades to this equipment as needed
- Support the development of design and startup documents such as commissioning plans, User Requirement Specification (URS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Configuration Specification (CS)
- Support the development of validation and qualification documents
- Provide the execution of commissioning and qualification activities
- Support the maintenance department as needed
- Provide equipment maintenance history review
- Support all investigations and audits as needed
- Support component, equipment, and process improvement projects as needed
- Provide basic automation troubleshooting and support
- Implement PLC, HMI, and database configuration changes
- Provide off-shift and on call support when necessary
- Candidate willhave a BS/MS in engineering or relevant discipline. Chemical preferred.
- Candidates should have a 0-2 years of experience in this industry
- Candidate must be able to work across functional areas such as operations, maintenance, quality and regulatory.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, are required.
- Knowledge of working with computers and associated applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is required.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, and walk to access equipment in a clean room environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to locate information and utilize available organizational knowledge to develop innovative solutions.
- Technical writing and document review.
Knowledge of AutoCAD.
Knowledge of database applications and Delta V, Allen-Bradley PLC, GE iFix and iHistorian.
Familiarity of automation network, such as Ethernet, DH+, ControlNet, etc.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Minimal travel for equipment support
Ability to work off shift (Nights and Weekends) as needed
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.