Biostatisticians play a critical role in the advancement of new medicines at Pfizer. The right candidate will partner with clinicians, clinical pharmacologists, translational medicine, and other scientists to support drug development in Pfizer’s Early Clinical Development (ECD) unit. This role will provide statistical support in the early development of new anti-cancer programs. He/she will be involved in study design, clinical protocol development, data analysis, and study outcome reporting, etc. The position will be accountable for the robust planning and execution of oncology clinical development programs.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of early oncology clinical studies (typically through Phase II).
- Author statistical analysis plan for early oncology programs and provide statistical guidance to statistical programming group.
- Participate in scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high-quality environment.
- Interact withinternal and external experts to assure sound quantitative approaches are applied to collection and analysis of a wide variety of data types.
- Contribute to innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within Pfizer. Central to this approach is the systematic review of prior information, statistical model building and simulation, utilizing Bayesian methods as appropriate, to design more effective studies.
- Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and designed to meet clear objectives.
- Use statistical expertise to influence both internal and external reports and presentations, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
- MS in statistics or biostatistics with a minimum of 3 years’ pharma experience, or a Ph.D. in statistics or biostatistics
- Excellent statistical knowledge and experience with modelling and simulation in clinical trials and expertise in using Bayesian methods
- Demonstrated competency with the design, implementation, analysis and reporting of clinical trials
- Strong computational skills in R, SAS and other statistical software systems
- Prior experience in oncology clinical trials is a plus
- Good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the clinical project team
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.