The GSC Demand Process and Intelligence lead is responsible for the processes, systems, and governance of all sources of Finished Goods Demand across the Pfizer PBG business globally. The position will lead the decision science, operations research team and process owners that will create, maintain, and manage all demand parameters and provide short, middle, and long terms statistical FG demand. This information will feed the demand processes execution.
The role is virtual and works across all regions, operations, and time zones, as a result Europe/ Americas preferred. The role will manage a diversified and distributed team across multiple geographies and time zones.
Process Ownership & Governance
- Define process objectives and mission. Accountable to define, embed and maintain the strategy, current, new, and improved processes and roadmap of systems and process capabilities of Demand management across Pfizer, leveraging standard work and automation of routine tasks where appropriate
- Accountable to drive the tools selection that will support the processes, project, and change management and user adoption.
- Responsible to ensure process adherence in collaboration with global, regional, and local process ‘actors’ via suite of metrics and process mining data to ensure adherence to segmentation principles and focus on ‘value added’ activities
- Accountable to enable the performance measurement of the Demand Management processes, via suite of metrics at appropriate levels of time horizon, business segment, portfolio, or product: Define and Track KPIs, Set and Monitor performance targets & Communicate performance
- Optimize, design and develops processes and std work in support of new supply chain archetypes e.g., GTX, Comirnaty that complements new channels and regional/ global execution
- Leads for change in nonstandard aspects of the PBG landscape (PC1/ GCAP/ Donations) to co-develop processes and organization solutions to enable improvements to be identified and embedded
- Drives x-functional alignment and understanding across all stakeholder groups to ensure alignment and integration of all sources of demand generation in std systems and workflows
- Accountable to lead PGS alignment with Commercial, Business Finance and Digital in development and oversight of process and tools to deliver ongoing reconciliation of Demand forecast and financial expectations (Unit to dollar alignment process)
- Oversight and orchestration of annual LRVF (Long Range Vol Forecasting) process in collaboration with Commercial to capture mid to long range business planning assumptions, key product lifecycle assumptions and volume insights as inputs to PGS planning processes
Data & Business Intelligence
- Operational accountability for driving capability and excellence in forecasting technologies and data sources, through a team of highly skilled Data Scientists, working in close collaboration with Pfizer Digital and external providers.
- Ensure all FG demand is calculated using the appropriate statistical demand models that will provide the most accurate demand projection leading to a high level of automation.
- Ensure alignment and integration of short/ mid/ long term demand generation processes to ensure visibility and transparency of the full forecasting horizon. Responsible to drive the reconciliation tools and processes of these demand and the business financial plans and expectations.
- Develop & deploy collaboration tools to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of global/ regional/ local interactions and quickly share insights and information seamlessly
- Delivery of data visualization facilitating real - time views of short/ mid / long term business planning horizons from current day to 10 yrs. +. Ensures system and master data readiness enabling long and mid-range demand to be captured
Team Management & Capability Development
- Manages and coaches a broad multi – cultural team across multiple geographies and time zones
- Works in close alignment with functional leaders to develop all users and grow their capability both from a digital capability and process adoption
- Builds a cohesive Global Demand organization and builds alignment and consensus of global processes with stakeholders
- Designs and executes comprehensive capability development and as appropriate, implements targeted recruitment to grow the capabilities needed for the team
- BS/BA Degree required, preferable in the fields of Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Industrial Engineering or alike
- 10+ years of relevant Supply Chain experience is required, ideally partial Pharma sector but not essential
- Strong digital capabilities, including emerging technologies e.g., Machine Learning, AI/ RPA, data mining
- Proven ability to work in a complex international matrix organization and within a multi-cultural environment
- Highly developed ability to interact and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Influencing, for example by asserting ideas and persuading others to gain support across an organization or to adopt new behaviors.
- Highly developed skills in Customer and Stakeholder relationship/ interface management
- Strong Financial/ Business acumen
- Strong verbal and written English, and ability to present/ communicate clearly to all levels
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulatory processes, artwork management and product lifecycle changes
- Continuous improvement/ operational excellence projects and deep project management skills
- Data & Analytics knowledge (AI, Data management, Data Architecture, Data structure, Data Governance & statistical skills)
- CPIM or CSCP certification by APICS or equivalent preferred
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Some travel will be required based on business needs. Global work will require off hours
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt