The Senior AEM Engineer in the Marketing Technology (MarTech) COE is responsible for leading the existing AEM development teams & all AEM build related activities for AbbVie’s US Commercial instance of the Adobe Experience Manager platform. S/he will support AbbVie’s digital marketing programs, specifically creation and migration of websites and the associated technical capabilities developed on the AEM platform. The individual will work closely with business and technology leads including managers, analysts, architects, project managers, user experience leads as well as external agencies and partners. The individual will operate as an AEM subject matter expert and will be the point person for all technical and functional capabilities of the AEM platform. S/he will report directly to the Cross Platform Architect, Marketing Technology COE.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement technology solutions on AEM platform by studying industry best practices; conferring with business users; studying requirements & processes & investigating problem areas.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on AEM specifically & its integrations with various enterprise platforms.
- Establishes and ensure development & design standards across all AEM development teams on the platform in all areas around AEM and its integration with other Adobe Marketing Cloud products and/or Enterprise platforms like – Salesforce CRM, SFMC, API Service Bus, SAML etc.
- Participate and lead technical design discussions and provide detailed estimates to the Product owners.
- Ensures that AEM platform & AEM development methodologies are kept up-to-date with industry best practices & advancements.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of an AEM implementation.
- Coordinates closely with Platform Operations, DevOps & QA teams to ensure technical deliveries are always smooth & unblocked.
- Collaborate with team members and business stakeholders to promote re-use of application architecture, templates and components.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in hands-on development involving at minimum AEM 6.x primarily on sever side aspects like OSGI services & components, custom servlets, DAM enhancements REST API integrations etc.
- Proven experience in hands-on work around building & maintaining AEM & its integration with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Launch & Marketo.
- Experience with hands-on development on AEM Adaptive Forms, Adobe Asset & Dynamic Media is a nice to have.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions with the goal to create a scalable and reusable business solution.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past technology experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment.
- Strong IT analysis and analytical skills.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.