Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
The genomics toolkit has been expanding for the study of mechanisms underlying tumorigenesis, the discovery of novel cancer biomarkers and drug targets, and advancing personalized medicine through genomic testing. PacBio’s combination of long-and short-read sequencing technologies is enabling a more complete interrogation of cancer, including whole genome sequencing, full-length RNA sequencing, methylation, and highly sensitive liquid biopsy approaches. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a small and growing team responsible for the development and execution of a global market development strategy and outbound marketing plans as it relates to Oncology/Cancer Research. This person will have the opportunity to partner deeply with leading cancer research institutes, thought leaders, translational researchers, and biotechnology companies to accelerate the adoption of PacBio’s technology. This person will also be responsible for conceiving, advising on and driving studies to build evidence to prove the value of long- and short-read sequencing in the segment. In this role, you will be a key contributor for building and maintaining a multi-year market model, financial projections, market development & evidence development plans. The role will also be responsible for developing positioning, sales enablement, awareness & lead generation campaigns.
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that is designing, developing and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to help scientists and clinical research resolve genetically complex problems. Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Genomics is core to all biological processes, and our advanced genomics tools provide scientists and clinical researchers the insights to better understand biology and health. We are now entering the century of biology and genomics is at the heart of the next revolution. Become part of the new paradigm in gene sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
- Plan, lead and execute successful outbound initiatives to drive awareness, demand of PacBio’s sequencing technologies
- Develop and execute detailed market development plans for key geographic markets
- Deeply partner with local commercial leads to guide strategy and execution – lead through influence
- Contribute to development and maintenance of global market model, 1-3 year revenue impact models
- Identify and help to assess partnership opportunities relevant to removing barriers and accelerating the adoption of PacBio’s technology by these programs
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Consult product marketing and product development on product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Develop white papers and other position/strategy pieces to address the potential of PacBio technology across the breadth of clinical use cases in oncology, influence key stakeholders and market players
- Train local commercial teams on vision, strategy, and messaging, including the use of any sales tools or collateral as relevant to the oncology and cancer research space
- Organize KOL and market influencing events
- Collaborate with KOLs, local commercial leaders and the applications lab scientists to build proof of principle studies where needed
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a life science company, cancer genomics research or related field, ideally with >2 years in marketing and/or technical sales.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MBA, MD, etc.) desirable, but not required.
- Deep knowledge of sequencing applications in oncology and cancer research, including genomics, transcriptomics, and epigenetic methodologies.
- An analytical and strategic thinker
- Experience engaging with both academic and commercial entities involved in cancer research and/or oncology testing.
- Proven ability to influence and partner with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Must have an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 30%
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: