Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
The Senior Staff Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of high throughput sequencing platforms product marketing. The position will focus on instruments, consumables and related software product marketing for an innovative DNA sequencing company. This includes collecting, assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements while working closely with development to deliver market-leading products, and sales to drive successful product launches. It also includes assessing third party offerings and creating relevant programs relevant to the high throughput space.
- Be a champion for Pacific Biosciences’ customers representing their needs in the high throughput sequencing space
- Develop detailed product strategy and roadmap for the high throughput space to meet company objectives
- Aid in developing a holistic product strategy for the broader sequencing business to meet company objectives
- Assess partnership opportunities relevant to a high throughput sequencing workflow
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Work cross functionally with a core team to creatively develop and test product concepts and ideas
- Build business plans for high throughput platforms (instrumentation, consumables and software) that include opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to support successful adoption
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to R&D, Sales, Program Management, Finance and Manufacturing to ensure successful implementation of product requirements
- Deliver on an ongoing basis product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Plan, lead and execute successful product launches
- Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
- Develop product marketing materials, promotional campaigns, organize scientific events
- Foster a thriving community centered on the use of PacBio sequencing in the high throughput space
- Collaborate with Applications Lab Scientists, Field Applications Specialists and Engineering, to help developing training programs and documentation
- Partner with customer support to drive customer feedback
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field, ideally with >5 years in product management/marketing positions
- Degree in molecular biology, engineering or associated scientific field required. Ph.D., MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required.
- Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
- Experience with Agile software development process with working knowledge of JIRA
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Must have an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 30%
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: