HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
EHS Manager, Business PerformanceLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. This position reports to the Global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Business Performance and Operational Excellence Director. The successful candidate will be an experienced EHS professional responsible for:
- Global Program Owner for incident investigation and management. Work with site EHS leads to establish incident investigation standards and methodologies, monitor the quality of incident investigations, ensure adequate training is available, and to lead serious incident investigations when and where needed.
- Global Program Owner for EHS inspection management. Work with EHS site and program leads to establish inspection standards, methodologies, and tools. Work with our inspection management system to help sites upload inspection schedules, maintain inspection checklists, and run performance reports. Responsibilities include determining training needs and provide subject matter expertise when needed.
- EHS performance analysis and metrics reporting. Work with Global Program Owners to establish efficient means to collect performance data, establish central data repository systems, and use data analytics and reporting tools such as Tableau to make trending results and metrics reports available to staff and management.
- Accuracy and integrity of data reports. Periodically auditing source data to ensure accuracy and integrity of reported business performance measures. Examples of reported performance measures include recordable injury rates, lost-time injury rates, notices of compliance violations, and the various EHS management system elements that are used to mitigate EHS risks.
- Prepare reports and provide updates to EHS and Amgen management on emerging performance trends and provide recommendations to mitigate or manage these trends.
- Assist in preparation and data review for the company external reporting (CRCC, ESG, etc.)
- Responsible for optimizing data flow and reporting
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and Or
- Masters degree and 3 years of directly related experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of directly related experience Or
- Associates degree and 10 years of directly related experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of directly related experience
- Masters degree in a Science or Engineering program and 4 years of directly related experience.
- Bachelors degree in a Science or Engineering program and 6 years of directly related experience.
- Conversant across multiple EHS fields
- Uses a management system approach to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to work in teams to accomplish common goals
- Self-driven, managing multiple activities and set priorities
- Makes decisions easily within sphere of influence
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel subject matter expertise and PowerPoint); and
- Proficient with a variety of IS applications and databases including SharePoint, Tableau and Tableau Prep, and Smartsheet.
- Delivers high-quality work products with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Proficient facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly to executive management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface cross-functionally in a dynamic environment.
- Highly driven, focused, energetic, with a strong attention to detail.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.