HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.Business Performance ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role, you will report to a Business Performance Senior Manager in R&D Strategy & Operations (RDSO) and support critical change initiatives for the Research and Development (R&D) organization.
RDSO partners with R&D leadership and subject matter experts to diagnose difficulties, co-create solutions and successfully implement the highest priority efforts to enable growth and improve productivity across R&D. Areas of transformation include strategy, capability building, technology and process improvements, acquisitions and collaborations, and organizational change.
You will be responsible for high priority Continuous Improvement initiatives by supporting the project success metrics, managing risks, removing roadblocks, advancing issues and delivering high quality results. You will gather, analyze, and synthesize cross-functional information across a variety of sources to turn unstructured business issues and requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables. They will also provide reports and presentations that clearly summarize status, issues, implications and recommendations to key partners to inform and communicate decision making.Responsibilities include:
- Provide cross-functional initiative support and work with R&D experts and project teams to solve business programs across a portfolio of R&D projects, and occasionally cross into Amgen-wide efforts or support other organizations.
- Provide support using Amgen Transformation methodologies appropriate for the objective, including Agile, Change Management, Solution Development, Implementation and Sustainment, Workshop Facilitation, and Continuous Improvement.
- Support project team leaders, other liaisons, and R&D leadership to identify solutions, build business cases, generate plans and deliver results.
- Work with R&D leaders in developing & implementing strategies for effective data analytics and reporting across R&D
- Partner with R&D functional leads and other organizations to support talent and culture related efforts, staffing/organizational initiatives as deemed vital, and organizational or workforce strategy related efforts
- Support project success, by managing risks, removing roadblocks, advancing issues and delivering high quality results.
- Serve as an integrator across multiple R&D and Amgen-wide functions and transformation efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners; proactively communicating, seeking advice, and facilitating critical business decisions.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing, fast-moving and often ambiguous environment
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of related Scientific, Operations or Business experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of related Scientific, Operations or Business experience
Associates degree and 10 years of related Scientific, Operations or Business experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of related Scientific, Operations or Business experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training experience in leading cross-functional teams
- 5+ years' of experience in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry, particularly in Research and Development
- 6+ years' of experience in a cross-functional business operations or project management role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level discussion documents
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, experience collecting data, developing metrics
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles
- Strong written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
- Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of activities within Research, Preclinical and Clinical Development, Medical and Regulatory
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.