Director, Teams Coach Gilead Team System Office
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Serve as a critical member of the Gilead Team Systems Office (GEO), maximizing team system effectiveness across the drug development lifecycle from early stage to commercial launch and beyond. Supports advancement of principles, practices and metrics for continual evolution of the Gilead team system.
S/he will work with various team leaders (e.g., Program Strategy Leader, Global Development Leader, Commercial Leader), team members and leaders across functions to advance greater agility and improved decision-making that drives Gilead's portfolio success. Will serve as a GEO business partner with Functions (e.g., Development/ Commercial/ Manufacturing), and be immerged in strategic, and operational elements, leading and driving GEO business-critical projects. Will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a deep understanding of drug development through commercialization, strong track record of strategic and operational work experience and successes across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a dynamic, leader and team coach to enhance and maximize team effectiveness. Work to embed Team System principles, guidance and practical consideration across teams and functions
- Manage and drive complex and ambiguous projects (as needed) through a network of teams, influence stakeholders without direct authority, and effectively network across the organization and enterprise
- Serve as a creative voice in the organization, thinking outside of the box to uncover opportunities for team effectiveness and efficiency improvements
- Analyze industry best practices to ensure programs teams, processes and initiatives are meaningful and aligned with team system principles and overall business strategy
- Identify and leverage key members across Gilead to support successful implementation of long-term projects
- Able to communicate with senior leaders within a fluid environment.
- Curate and facilitate topical discussions for team leaders and team members driving actions and follow-ups
- Coordinate GEO leader inputs on key projects/initiatives and engage with relevant internal advisors and external consultant to drive projects
- Robust understanding of and prior experience with biotech/pharmaceutical project teams and expertise in a development or commercial setting (technology industry experience not applicable)
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship-building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization
- Ability to effectively and independently manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and influence without authority
- Comfort with working in an environment of uncertainty and complexity
- Ability to influence and communicate at the senior leadership levels and beyond
- Ability to set, communicate and enable a vision by setting clear priorities and allocating resources to the highest value opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or higher degree preferred.
- 12+ (BS), 10+ (MS/MBA), or 8+ (PhD) years of innovation leadership with significant expertise in agile ways of working in pharma/biotech companies is required.
- Functional depth in at least one of the following domains: Strategy, Consulting, Operations, Development and/or Commercialization
- Flexible, adaptable and collaborative
- Self-starter who demonstrates tenacity and perseverance, working through obstacles in a determined manner
- Resourceful leader with strong emotional intelligence
- Willingness to travel as needed
- 6+ years of growing responsibility with broad exposure to multiple functions
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, and Singapore employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.