1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease free world – our talented and passion-ate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
The Project Manager will manage biomarker and diagnostics services supporting clinical studies with pharmaceutical companies. The PM is also responsible for alliance management for assigned key accounts.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Create and build relationships with internal stakeholders as well as clinical, study, outsourcing and project teams at Pharma companies to obtain and promote projects.
• Develop, manage, and execute assigned projects. Develop project plans against the scope of work for each project with input from sponsors, technical leaders, principal investigators, clinical and outsourcing groups. Work in conjunction with sponsors, technical leaders, functional leaders, clinical and outsourcing groups as needed for problem resolution. Ensure timely and accurate completion of project milestones.
• Serve as internal expert on project. Author study-specific documents, lead internal and external meetings, finalize meeting minutes, effectively communicate project updates and changes to project stakeholders.
• Monitor project status, and provide regular updates to management, governance teams, and sponsors. Communicate back to internal groups the expectations set forth for each group i.e. clear details, critical timeframes, deliverables and expectations.
• Proactively identify risk, develop mitigation plan, and resolve issues. Responsible for escalating critical problems to management.
• Work with finance and legal teams as needed to facilitate agreements, drive billing, and maintain revenue forecast.
• Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for each project and identify opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness
This position will be located at the Carlsbad, CA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 20% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements What you’ll bring to the role:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Strong scientific background is desired; PMP certification desired; Alliance management a plus
• Minimum of six (6) years direct project management experience in a clinical or biopharmaceutical setting
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and foster collaborations – both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated strong customer and service focus.
• Knowledge of operational/logistical aspects of clinical trials as well as FDA regulation of clinical trials; GCP and 21 CFR is a plus.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
vartis.com or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Business Unit NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area BD&L & Strategic Planning
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No