Surrozen is recruiting an animal technician to support in vivo pharmacology’s research efforts on multiple disease models. The animal technician’s primary responsibilities will include animal health checks, cage changing, facility sanitization, receiving/stocking/preparation of supplies, animal identification, and data entry. She or He will participate on efficacy studies learning basic injection and blood collection techniques and get the opportunity to take part in study takedowns harvesting tissues. Weekend and holiday work is required.
- Daily health monitoring of research-purpose bred rodents.
- Assuming standard animal husbandry role
- Following pre-established procedures
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Perform basic animal handling procedures (e.g., weighing animals, earmarking for tracking purposes)
- Previous relevant experience and supporting references
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear, effective verbal communication
- Reliable availability for weekend work
- ALAT certification
- Experience with Necropsy
- Experience with small volume liquid handling (e.g., using a pipette to aliquot liquid samples)