We are currently searching for a Operations coordinator to to support research performed in our lab. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative, procedural, and informational resource support; work with staff to coordinate program workflow.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form 348), outside activities (Form 520), official duty memoranda, leave authorizations, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports, and various forms.
- Coordinate meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements; prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants; prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist with maintenance of SharePoint sites and shared electronic document/data libraries, including development and monitoring of content and ensuring that documents and/or data posted to the sites are accurate and filed appropriately.
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of special projects.
- Establish and maintain a fiscal year calendar; update shared calendars and databases; coordinate filing of office-wide reports and other activities including performance management documents, awards, committee memberships, etc.
- Research information requested and provide that information; maintain status of projects; follow up on actions through contact with office staff.
- Produce a wide range of documents; address a variety of office needs which may include word processing, information management, report preparation, publications, information gathering, communication, etc.
- Maintain SOPs, guidance documents or instructions associated with the programs and systems used in the organization.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms.
- Provide back-up coverage for Administrative staff.
- Train new / incoming Administrative staff.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative databases.
- Coordinate and process equipment and office supply order requests; serve as the point of contact in the administration of all maintenance contracts for office equipment.
- Organize, coordinate, and administer the administrative components of the assigned servicing area; collaborate with program officials and administrative offices.
- Serve as liaison between Director and divisional staff; communicate policies, protocols, regulations, guidelines, and general information.
- Work as a liaison with other administrative groups to facilitate meeting organizational goals for a variety of high-level programs.
- Provide information to program staff on policies and procedures for government travelers and invited guests.
- Review documentation for compliance with policy and procedures; interpret instructions for adherence to format; collect data; provide summaries for analysis and interpretation.
- Serve as a resource for staff regarding established policy; keep abreast of new guidance and policies; disseminate information to staff and respond to requests for information regarding status of projects or actions.
- Prepare SOPs and review for accuracy; maintain knowledge of current regulations, policies, and procedures concerning general administration, organization, procurement, travel, personnel, etc.
- Support program staff as requested as it relates to on-boarding, procurement, travel, timekeeping, and property.
- Assemble and summarize data, background information, and other materials from source materials or automated systems.
- Maintain contacts database; update/maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members.
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information.
- Prepare requisitions for purchase of office supplies and miscellaneous items; maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures.
- Prepare and track requests and justifications for the purchase of materials, supplies and office equipment; follow up on purchase and procurement requests; review receiving documentation and reconcile all receiving problems; maintain records and spreadsheets of all requests.
- Work independently on special projects; research and initiate actions pertaining to operational issues; coordinate proponents to research; resolve action processing issues.
- Plan or assist in the planning of special projects involving program issues; work with staff on the management of special crosscutting initiatives and task force groups to accomplish programmatic goals.
- Compile data and create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for presentation utilizing computer programs.
- Review and update policy; fix broken links; address system issues; take suggestions from administrative staff regarding the layout of websites and the overall staff satisfaction with its content.
- Use day-to-day observations and analysis of work processes to evaluate program operations; anticipate potential problems; identify existing problems and inefficiency; develop recommended solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management and Administration or related disclipine
- At least 5 years of experience
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Executive level support
- Travel planning
- Project management/planning
- Meeting coordination/minutes/summary reports
- Strong organizational skills
- MS Office
- AMBIS or POTS
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.