The Contract Governance and Compliance position is responsible for the implementation of contract strategy, proposal development, with emphasis on governance and compliance execution for the full portfolio of products marketed in the North America region (United States market) in support of brand-specific marketing strategies.
Coordinates and manages the process flow of customer contracts in all phases of creation, development, review, approval, implementation & assessment. Provides updates to corporate account management, HCS management & NACO senior leadership related to contract performance with services provided, purchase requirements, and logistics. Ensures tracking databases are updated to provide summary information on potential and existing contracts. Coordinates data, MSA, and other agreements as necessary with all corporate accounts.
- Contract Compliance – Responsible for managing the contract quarterly/annual results to adhere to the contract requirements. Develop a reporting process with the external customer that will effectively communicate the contract requirements and contract performance results. Interfaces with HCS Management, Finance, Pricing, Government Reporting, Data Analytics & Marketing in the implementation of the strategy and the coordination of the results. Key customers include Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Specialty Pharmacies (SPs), Payors & PBMs, Distributors & Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs).
- Proposal Development – Responsible for the development of all contract proposals across our customer network. Interfaces with CSL Behring Corporate Accounts, Finance, Legal, Analytics and Senior Regional Leadership teams to ensure alignment with regional goals and objectives. Maintains external customer contact throughout the proposal development and negotiation process.
- Governance & Compliance – Has accountability for ensuring full compliance by customers and CSL to the contract terms and conditions. Responsible for development and implementation of a plan of action, involving cross-functional partners as needed, to effectively and quickly address issues impacting performance against contract terms. Regularly audits customer performance to contract terms and addresses unsatisfactory audit findings. Works closely with US Account Management team to ensure that contracts are clearly communicated and fully understood.
- Be knowledgeable with the US healthcare systems/customer requirements and align CSL Behring’s financial contractual arrangements with customer’s deliverables/abilities.
- Contract Administration – Segments customer and contract-specific metrics such as ROI, level of control, sales, and membership. Ensures that metrics are routinely measured, evaluated and reported to relevant stakeholders and are leveraged for continuous process improvement. Regularly assesses brand and contract strategies to ensure integration that maximizes CSL profitability.
- Responsible for creating and managing a set of contract management programs and tools.
- Management of administrative aspects including appropriate management of contract timing and term expiration
- Creation of payment schedules to guide adherence and facilitate timely reporting to the US Government with respect to best-price implications.
- Management of Payor contracts and administration of terms/obligations of contract throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Be a subject matter expert for the business by working with IT for contract system management, process implementation and future system enhancements/requirements.
- Provide support to Corporate Account Manager (CAM) team for structured quarterly business reviews with appropriate CSL customers.
- Maintain a tight working relationship with Customer Support, finance & HCS management on customer-specific dynamics, including purchasing history by product, inventory levels, shipping patterns & other insights that lead to improved decision support.
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise for contract implications to Government reporting Best Price, CMS ASP, CMS AMP, Federal Reporting, most favorable customer and 340b programs.
- Work with legal to review contract terms and conditions. Validate the business requirements in a contract are aligned with the company strategy and have been approved by the pricing committee.
- Support the HCS function in development of contract offers within approved pricing structures and where required develop business case for pricing exceptions for review by Pricing Committee.
- Understand and model the financial impact (e.g., ROI) of marketing programs, product strategies and company forecast/budgets by collaboration with marketing, corporate finance team and pricing team.
- Bachelor degree in business/marketing or science discipline; MBA a plus
- 7+ years' relevant commercial operations experience Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare environment, in roles involving contracting, proposal development and/or controller/finance management. Experience in account management and/or managed markets highly desired
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex issues
- Knowledge of relevant legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint required. Experience preferred with Model N, SAP, Qliksense and Tableau
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!