Senior Program Coordinator
Job ID: req2988
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Division: Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
Vaccine, Immunity, and Cancer Directorate (VICD) of the Frederick National
Laboratory is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator to support program and
operation. The primary mission of the VICD is to provide scientific leadership
and laboratory infrastructure to study immune responses to SARS-CoV-2, Human
Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines and other cancer preventive strategies in the
context of clinical and pre-clinical studies.
position is located at the Advanced Technology and Research Facility (ATRF) in
Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer Directorate is recruiting for a Senior Program
Coordinator to support project management and programmatic operations for the directorate.
- Manage office environment
ensuring physical office is well kept and organized, ensuring adequate
office supplies, meeting needs of staff for work performance.
- Maintain laboratory equipment
list ensuring all equipment has service coverage, coordinate equipment
repairs and preventive maintenance schedules with vendors and laboratory
units, follow up as necessary.
- Work closely with laboratory
units to maintain equipment inventory and update database, perform
inventory audit as required to ensure equipment inventory is accurate and
- Provide support for personnel
requisitions and job posting, ensuring accurate descriptions and
formatting, maintain links to postings.
- Schedule meetings, meeting
minutes, meeting materials, presentation materials, memos.
- Procurement of laboratory and
office supplies on a daily basis, ensuring all orders are placed on the
same day of request.
- Reconciliation of credit card
purchases, monthly payments, submission of reimbursements for staff.
- Travel arrangements, prepare
and submit travel packages, send out reminders to managers.
- Setup and coordinate onboard
activities for all new staff, liaise between HR/IT/and laboratory units,
setup computer and equipment, office supplies, file access, software
- Maintain physical staff binders
for program office and electronic files for all staff for training and
mandatory records, archive records for terminated staff.
- Data entry for biological
material inventory on annual basis, work with laboratory managers for
accurate inventory and reporting.
- Assist with progress reports,
task order reports, deliverables, 508 compliance.
- Assist with record retention
and maintenance of files on the server.
- Write, modify, edit, and update
operational standard procedures as needed.
- Perform other related duties as
assigned by Director, Administrative.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree
in Biology, Public Health or a related field from an accredited
college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
(CHEA) or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative
or project management experience is required
- Proficient with Windows and MS
Office including Word, Excel, PPT
- Knowledge of the use of proper
- Ability to effectively maintain
files and active records
- In addition to a commitment to
excellence in operations, the position requires leadership skills and
commitment to the mission
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Familiarity with immunology, immune assays,
diagnostics, vaccines and clinical research
- Project management experience in biomedical sciences
- Microsoft Project experience including the ability to
create work breakdown structure and program schedules with deliverables
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and multi-task to
achieve milestones within deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
(written and oral)
- Ability to work effectively in
a matrix and team‐oriented environment
- Ability to develop project master
plan and schedules
- Ability to identify and solve
- Strong organizational and
- This position is subject to
working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material,
requiring medical clearance and immunizations
- Work may involve the use of potentially hazardous chemical or biological materials or may be located in areas where such materials are used
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)