Using extensive program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, the Associate Director, Development Program Management acts as an operational lead to a team in order to meet program goals for one or more development programs [within a given Therapeutic Area]. The AD influences and carries out the strategic direction of a program from preclinical through commercialization by driving the development and implementation of integrated project/program plans, goals, budgets, and timelines. The incumbent is also responsible for forming and leading effective cross functional teams and leads a network of functional area project managers.
In this role, a typical day may include:
- Acting as operational lead of a program throughout its lifecycle, by integrating key collaborators from Discovery, Industrial Operations, Preclinical, Global Development and Commercial.
- Independently runs multiple and/or medium to highly complex development programs.
- Interacting with Senior Leadership.
- Partnering with the Strategic Program Lead to provide operational leadership of program(s) and supports development and execution of overall program strategy by facilitating cross-functional Strategic Development Team.
- Independently assessing and proactively addressing the needs of the program from pre-IND through commercialization and makes operational decisions to support requirements for success.
- Strengthening and leading top-performing teams.
- Driving team alignment in creation of integrated project/program plans, timelines and budgets. Ensuring efficient delivery of plans.
- Directing annual program goal setting in alignment with Regeneron’s overall goals and monitoring progress against these goals. Championing potential program risks and ensuring contingency plans are in place.
- Acting as a key liaison between Regeneron and our strategic alliance partners and collaborators (where applicable).
- Preparing, providing input, and/or managing the process involving major presentations for collaboration meetings effecting key business decisions. Facilitating and driving decision making in support of the joint strategic objectives.
- Having business ownership of existing project management and planning systems and tools. Leading and influencing the development and implementation of new systems and tools to support new or existing initiatives.
- Leading and facilitating collaboration between functional areas to ensure effective, accurate, and timely scientific/technical and program-related communication to teams and Sr. Management.
- Proactively identifying new processes and developing viable innovative solutions to cross-program, cross-functional, departmental or organizational issues, driving alignment with impacted collaborators. Championing process improvement initiatives and ensuring they meet the business needs.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
This role may be for you if:
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels, both within and outside the company, to establish credibility with project partners.
- You are adept at tailoring communications based on audience, effectively framing and communicating nuanced context for partners and capturing rationale for decisions.
- You have proven ability to understand and motivate others to build effective teams.
- You are an emerging leader who can identify, critically analyze, and plan for interdependencies, risks, and issues with an awareness of the impacts to program and portfolio.
- You actively promote constructive interactions among team members in order to address difficult situations.
- You can resolve and negotiate conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy and composure.
- You have proven success handling multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both project and self)
- You thrive in fast-paced environment and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
To be considered, you'll need a Bachelor's degree and at least 9 years of relevant progressive project/program management experience required, preferably in the pharmaceutical or related industry.